Oakland Soldiers

Davidson

but the design pinches where the ribbon meets the star.

Is that against the rules or something?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Reminds me of one I did way back when for a semi-pro football team in Indy. I went the chevron route.

You've done the chevron route better. I would go between that or the original. I don't like the circle and lines behind it since that gives off an air force vibe and soldiers to the vast majority of us in our minds eye mean infantry (Army, Marines).

here are a few versions.

not too keen on the shield behind it, perhaps there is a militaristic feel to the elements behind the second version.

Soldiers5.png

I like the 2nd one best too. Probably would try to make the circle with thinner lines though.

In my opinion the "shoulder patches logos" don't look very well as a logo. It's too high and less wide.

But great work in all way!

I feel like if you do anything with a silver star facing straight out like that, it's going to give off a cowboys vibe, which is a shame considering the quality of your render. I think you should lean more towards integrating the olive branch as well as the use of horizontal stripes, maybe some form or arrows. If you really want to use the star, maybe enclose it in a circle.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

All are obviously well rendered, can't penalize you for that. The idea just isn't there yet, IMO. I think you have created some successful images, but as sports logos they have faults. As others have said, the star itself is too generic, and could be used for any team really. The chevron logo is much more effective, but it is far too vertical for my liking. Also, the team name is too small IMO. I feel like if you could make the height and weight more equal, while making the team name more prominent, then there is your winner.

here are a few versions.

not too keen on the shield behind it, perhaps there is a militaristic feel to the elements behind the second version.

Soldiers5.png

I actually prefer the second version here. Stronger "soldier" feel without taking away from the star

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived