Miltownmvp's Nfl Resurrection Thread

MilTownMVP

I kind of spilled the beans about this at the Request board, but anyway...

I'm starting a project where I'm designing concepts for NFL teams that folded in the 20's as far as how they might look today.

For the teams with only one color, I may or may not add another color. Otherwise, a lot of the concepts would end up looking the same.

I also made it a point to keep these concepts looking somewhat old school. The reason being that the teams that are still around from this era (Packers, Bears, Giants, etc.) have made very few changes to their unis since the 1960's.

Anyway, I give you my first concept, the Dayton Triangles

dayton.gif

Please excuse the crappy quality, I only have paint and PhotoDraw and it's 3 AM (got back from the Brewers game and insomnia's been kickin' my ass), so I'm not as anal-retentive about detail like I usually am.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not bad. Very patriotic. 'Cause everyone knows nothing says America like a triangle.  :D

Oh, wait. That's the Ohio Flag right?  <_<

Well, good job anyway.

Yea... that's the Ohio flag. I couldn't think of much else that would tie "Dayton" and "Triangles" together other than the triangle in the state flag. And since blue was already their team color (I added the red for obvious reasons), I thought I'd roll with this.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

My cross-metro rivals, the Racine Tornadoes.

racine.gif

Special thanks to zoneranger for the logo.

snappers_sig.gif

nice job with both...although the Dayton one reminds me of the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks. the Tornadoes, i wonder if the resemblance to the current Raiders uniform is intentional :D

to everybody who thinks what i think you're thinking: no, not those Raiders. MilTown's gonna know what i'm talking about.

i remember making an attempt at a project similar to this, only i'd used teams that folded before the Original Six era began. i'd finished the Pittsburgh Pirates, NY Americans and Montreal Maroons before forgetting about it. in hindsight, i wish i'd gone on.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the Tornadoes, i wonder if the resemblance to the current Raiders uniform is intentional :D

to everybody who thinks what i think you're thinking: no, not those Raiders. MilTown's gonna know what i'm talking about.

I know what you're talking about, although I've never seen them play.

Nice work!

It's where I sit.

Great job again...

Hey, are you using the home and away numbers to secretly tell when these teams existed? If so, very clever.

Didn't know if anyone would catch that, but that's exactly what I'm doing.

Although the Racine concept is more of a hybrid. There were two Racine teams, the Leigon and the Tornadoes. The Leigon existed from 1922-24 and the Tornadoes were only around for 1926. For this project, I decided to fuse them together seeing that if the Tornadoes were around today, they'd no doubt mention the Leigon in their history materials.

snappers_sig.gif

nice job with both...although the Dayton one reminds me of the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks.  the Tornadoes, i wonder if the resemblance to the current Raiders uniform is intentional :D

to everybody who thinks what i think you're thinking: no, not those Raiders.  MilTown's gonna know what i'm talking about.

i remember making an attempt at a project similar to this, only i'd used teams that folded before the Original Six era began.  i'd finished the Pittsburgh Pirates, NY Americans and Montreal Maroons before forgetting about it.  in hindsight, i wish i'd gone on.

Yes, but no. The Crimson is there because that was the Racine Leigon's actual color, but I thought it'd look hot with the Racine Raiders silver. Especially since there's not any red/silver teams in the L (unless you count the Bucs).

But thanks for the kind words, all of you. I'm going to try to post one more by the end of the day.

snappers_sig.gif

A little later than announced... but I give you the Columbus Tigers

columbus.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Gee, that looks like an idea for a Hamilton Tiger-Cat CFL concept. But, if we were to change the colors to black and orange, this would be an ideal Cincinnati Bengal uniform, which would be better than those monstrosidies they plan to wear this year, agreed?

What's next, the Frankford (Philadelphia) Yellow Jackets?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Very nice concepts! I like these - Great Job!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Gee, that looks like an idea for a Hamilton Tiger-Cat CFL concept. But, if we were to change the colors to black and orange, this would be an ideal Cincinnati Bengal uniform, which would be better than those monstrosidies they plan to wear this year, agreed?

What's next, the Frankford (Philadelphia) Yellow Jackets?

It probably looks like a Ti-Cats concept because the teams had the same colors and similar names. In fact, I wanted to use a pouncing tiger but I figured that'd push the Ti-Cat similarities over the top.

And I'm going to reserve judgement for the Bengals until I actually see the unis, but I think they're really breaking the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage.

Oh, and since you asked:

frankford.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Very nice concepts!  I like these - Great Job!!! :D

'preicate it.

Quick query, but what's that silver & blue monstrosity doing in your sig? I understand why the Devils are there (the Scouts' decendants), but why the Cowboys? Is it gratitude that they ran the Texans out of town to give KC a team? :D

snappers_sig.gif

Like the helmet. Dark jersey should be blue with yellow shoulders and blue numbers and yellow numbers on the body, numbers on white jersey should be plain blue, pants should be yellow with blue and white striping, and socks should be blue on the top.

Other than that, they look good.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Like the helmet. Dark jersey should be blue with yellow shoulders and blue numbers and yellow numbers on the body, numbers on white jersey should be plain blue, pants should be yellow with blue and white striping, and socks should be blue on the top.

Other than that, they look good.

You mean like this? :D

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/3028/phi.html

The reason I went with the "Titans" template was to connect the Yellow Jackets to the Eagles. The original Eagles jerseys had a yellow top with a powder blue body. Only if I did that with the YJ's colors they'd end up looking almost exactly like the Packers 1994 throwbacks.

Also, I always felt like if there was a color in the teams' name (Green Bay Packers, Chicago White Sox, Detroit Red Wings, etc) the colored jersey should be primarily that color.

snappers_sig.gif

Archived