NBA Court Concepts

LEWJ

So I got bored and decided to try my hand at some NBA courts.

(The current court is listed right below my concept, thanks to UniWatch for the current courts.)

All the courts will have the NBA logo and wordmark at the check-in spot, in team's colors. Also, all courts will have their arena name in team colors. Finally, each court will include the team's website, next to each bench. The rest is up to me.

Atlanta Hawks

-Decided to drop the dual-tone court. Some teams may be able to pull it off, but not the Hawks. I decided to use Navy as the primary color. I originally had the "ATL" wordmark above the midcourt logo, but decided to drop it. It was a bit too busy.hawkscourt.png

(Current Court)

Los Angeles Lakers

-For the Lakers my first order of business was fixing their logo. The current logo doesn't even use the same font that the jerseys use, so I fixed that. It's not a major change, but it greatly improves the logo, in my opinion. Next I decided to go old school with the yellow paint area, but I didn't want the sidelines to be yellow too, because I didn't want it looking as bad as the current Warriors court. So the sidelines are purple.

lakerscourt-1.png

(Current Court)

Indiana Pacers

I seem to remember a time when the Pacers had basketballs as part of the foul line/paint area. I loved it, so I brought it back.

I kept the secondary at midcourt, but recolored it because I like the Pacers as a navy-predominate, instead of yellow. For the logos inside the 3 point line, I went with something new. I liked their 40th anniversary logo, specifically the Indiana shape. So I brought that back and simply put "PACERS" over it.

pacerscourt4.png

(Current Court )

Golden State Warriors

My own "GS" logo is used inside the 3pt. line, yellow bridge logo is at midcourt. Blue baselines, because the current all yellow is hideous, IMO. Hope you like.

warriorscourt3.png

(Current Court)

Chicago Bulls

I, along with other, didn't like the ball behind the midcourt logo, and I think there was 4-too many bullhead logos on the court. haha.

So now there is one bull logo, at midcourt. It's enlarged a bit, to make it more prominent. I decided to go with no logo inside the 3 pt. line because it's really not needed here. I also decided to use their jersey font as the baseline font.

Finally I went with red sidelines because I'm not a fan of the mostly black court they have now, I liked the MJ-era red sidelines.

bullscourt.png

(Current Court)

Minnesota Timberwolves

Since they don't use green anymore, I decided to makes the trees black on blue, like a silhouette (similar to the midcourt logo background).

I put the secondary at midcourt, just because everyone seems to love that logo, me included. Got rid of the stained look, since it wasn't exactly needed here.

TIMBERWOLVEScourt.png

(Current Court)

What team next?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would enlarge the basketball on the Lakers logo.

I was thinking the wordmark may be a bit too large for the ball, so I may do that.

Hawks one looks sharp, upgrade over their current court.

I'm split on the Lakers. I like your new logo/wordmark. First, as said, I'd enlarge the basketball. I'd also drop the yellow sideline paint. It's too jarring. Either purple or classic hardwood which I think would look nice for the Lakers. Finally, I'd much rather see your new wordmark than that horribly generic font that your court and the real court have the baskets.

Good job on these!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Thanks for the C&C people.

I agree with the horribly generic font, I actually tried the jersey font down there but it didn't look right at all.

I decided to stick with what they have (or something similar to it).

My original idea was to use this:

787.gif

...but I couldn't find any high-quality versions of it, so that idea went to waste.

I may make some updates.

Suggestions for different teams? Ideas?

PLEASE redo the Pacers court. It's probably the worst in the NBA, and I've hated it ever since they redid it when they changed their uniforms a few years back.

Ewww. I forgot how hideous theirs is.

I gotta agree 100%.

That silver does not help their identity one bit.

Lakers update.

-Made the ball in the primary logo bigger in relation to the wordmark. Now there's yellow paint area, like the old LA Forum. And the sidelines are now purple, to avoid yellow everything. I tried the idea of having no paint on the sidelines, but I wasn't diggin' it.

What do you think?

lakerscourt-1.png

Here's the Pacers.

I seem to remember a time when the Pacers had basketballs as part of the foul line/paint area. I loved it, so I brought it back.

The rest of the court is new to them. I think the wordmark works good for them at mid-court simply because if the primary was there, I think seeing a basketball would get a bit repetitive. For the logos inside the 3 point line, I went with something new. I liked their 40th anniversary logo, specifically the Indiana shape. So I brought that back and simply put "INDIANA" over it.

Tell me what you think.

Hopefully it's miles better than what they have now haha.

pacers.png

(Current Court)

I'm really diggin' that template you're using :P

That Pacers court is a beaut, but you might wanna have both of the basketballs facing towards the middle?

I like the contrast on the Lakers court, looks better IMO.

Hawks is the court I'd expect them too have, too bad they actually don't.

Nice work, can't wait to see more.

I like what you've done with these. The Pacers' is really sweet, I love the basketballs around the free throw line. I've always loved this Pacers logo, too bad you didn't include it. I'm a huge Bulls fan, but have always thought the basketball at center court looked out of place. I'd love to see more floors, and I'd really love to see the Chicago Bulls without the out of place ball at center.

I LOVE that Pacers court. Literally 100x better than what they have now. I like that you brought back the basketballs in the circle, and I like just having the wordmark at half court. My only complaint is that you didn't include the P logo, but I agree that it doesn't really fit anywhere. Great job!

Hoopskid-Thanks! I love the template, very easy to use. I opened it as a .pdf, and enlarged it to about 200 or 300% and pasted it to paint. Working on a larger scale really helps the quality once it's resized.

GeoTheo-Appreciate the kind words. I really was considering all possible options on which way the basketballs should face. It worked best this way because the middle line works as the foul line, and when they are facing opposite directions it works well with where the logos are positioned. I honestly had the logo you posted over the state of Indiana, but ultimately decided against it. I'm thinking Warriors and Bulls will probably be next.

mbannon92-Thanks. I was trying very hard to work the "P" logo into the court somehow (whether it be the alternate logo, or the primary), but I really couldn't think of anywhere it would fit in. I really wanted to include the state logo. I felt the basketballs already on the court gave it a "Pacers vibe" without using the P logo. The basketballs would get repetitive, like I said.

Thanks guys, keep the C&C coming.

More to come. Probably Warriors and Bulls next, but no promises. I plan to cover all teams sooner or later. Hopefully.

Some of you may know how I am with these concept series'. I never stick to them. Hopefully I will here.

Love the Lakers update. Purple sidelines are a welcome change for me over yellow. Pacers' court is a beaut, I don't like their primary so I'm happy to see it go. Can you maybe try a white or yellow outline around "Conseco Fieldhouse"? I don't know, something to balance the court a bit more. It's very appealing in the center and near the baskets but the middle looks bland. Not a big deal, maybe just me.

Gonna echo GeoTheo - no need for the horrid basketball the Bulls put at their midcourt, would love to see that go! I'm also pulling for no sideline paint for the Warriors, I think traditional hardwood would match their new look. I also think the Bulls sideline paint would look sick in black, with a red Chicago script or font outline in white. Just throwing ideas out there though, can't wait to see what you come up with.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived