MLB Uni Tweaks

AnythingChicago

As you may have seen with my topic in the requests forum, I am trying to start a concept with Paint. One small problem: I have no idea how to. I would love to get some help in either this thread or my request thread. I have created a home and road baseball uniform to the best of my abilities for the Phoenix Suns. It sucks. Here are some things I would like to do with this:

• Clean it up. I have been using the paint bucket tool and it looks really grainy when I try to fill in the hat or sock.
  • Match the colours. Currently, I do not no how to grab colours from the logo and put them onto the uniform. As you will notice, the purple is far too light.
  • Use my recources. I have no clue what to use for what.
  • Change colours. On the road jersey, I want to change all of the white to purple. And on the front of the home jersey, I want to change the numbers to orange with a purple outline.

My objective is to come out with several nice, clean uniforms. I have plans to create a orange home Sunday alt and a road purple alt for Phoenix, but there is no point in me doing that now. Whelp, here it is... -_-

This image has been deleted for terrible quality that may make your eyes bleed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Teams:

Phoenix Suns, Post #17.

Los Angeles Clippers, Post #30.

Los Angeles Lakers, Post #34

===============================================================================================

Cleveland Indians, Post #44.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, my suggestion would be to get inkscape. It's free and easy to use, and your concepts will look A LOT better than in paint.

Yeah, I've actually seen tutorials for that. But when I go onto the SVG Movement templates page, none of the templates ever download properly...

25yzwqg.png

i use paint for all of my concepts. the eyedropper tool lets you grab the colors from the logo like said before. also if your going to fill in spaces with the bucket tool you need to make sure everyting is the same color when you do it or else it will look choppy and grainy like that

maehl.png

i use paint for all of my concepts. the eyedropper tool lets you grab the colors from the logo like said before. also if your going to fill in spaces with the bucket tool you need to make sure everyting is the same color when you do it or else it will look choppy and grainy like that

By George, you're right. How could I not see that? :wacko:

25yzwqg.png

Honestly, my suggestion would be to get inkscape. It's free and easy to use, and your concepts will look A LOT better than in paint.

Honestly, with no offense intended, that's not an excuse at all.

I've been making all of my concepts in paint since day one. It just takes practice.

It's just a matter of whether you want to get better in paint or Inkscape.

For me, it was paint. I was bad at making the transition to any other programs so I stuck with Paint.

My suggestion would be to get IrfanView; a free program that I use to resize logos, etc. There are also a bunch of other features that make using paint much easier.

That's all I really need.

A trick I use to my advantage is to start working at the largest scale you can. When you start with a larger logo, recoloring often comes out cleaner. Then resize it to the size you need, and it will look much nicer.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I've been making all of my concepts in paint since day one. It just takes practice.

For me, it was paint. I was bad at making the transition to any other programs so I stuck with Paint.

My suggestion would be to get IrfanView; a free program that I use to resize logos, etc. There are also a bunch of other features that make using paint much easier.

A trick I use to my advantage is to start working at the largest scale you can. When you start with a larger logo, recoloring often comes out cleaner. Then resize it to the size you need, and it will look much nicer.

Same here. I've stuck with paint, and when you get good at it it's a valid tool. I've never used anything else.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

And I understand that, there's a lot of really good paint concepts out there. I guess I'm saying if you're just starting out, I would suggest Inkscape just because recoloring is easier and vector quality is better.

And I understand that, there's a lot of really good paint concepts out there. I guess I'm saying if you're just starting out, I would suggest Inkscape just because recoloring is easier and vector quality is better.

You do have a point. Vectore based graphics are non-existent in Paint, they're all pixel-based. Vector-based images are much more crisp.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Alright, here it is. Using IrFanView (thanks LEWJ) and tips from all of you (thanks lenardo, lightning25), I have created a Phoenix Suns baseball concept. It includes a home white, road gray, orange Sunday alt, and purple road alt. It's a bit grainy and it takes me a long time to do, but, hey, I'm just learning the ropes. Remember to go easy on me; I'm new to this. ^_^

sunsconcept.png

I'll get the Clippers up sometime tomorrow.

25yzwqg.png

I've never been a fan of making a team jerseys for another sport. There's not much creativity in most of them.

You still need to increase the quality a bit on these

That's what I'm working on. Anyone know how to put outlines on numbers and make it look nice?

25yzwqg.png

Archived