Which New Jersey Nets Uniform is better. Red or Navy Blue uniform?

netsjazz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vince Carter wore red jersey as alternate before he heading to orlando and Nets decided change navy blue to red jersey as new road unifrom,

I could understand if this guy was from another country, but hes from Ohio and he cant put together a simple English sentence?! lol

You do realize that there is a huge population of Americans for whom English is not the first language, right?

You do realize that you seem to start almost every post with "You do realize" and come across as a know-it-all, right? :P

I do? I post my own posts, and even I hadn't noticed that.

And saying "you do realize" doesn't make someone sound like a know-it-all, I think it's actually more polite to do that then just to say "Hey you idiot, there are people who live in America for whom English wasn't their first language".

Anyway, getting back on topic...

Dude, I'm joking with you. When someone uses this :P , it usually means they're joking. Don't take things so seriously, it's all good!

And you think I come across as a know-it-all? :rolleyes:

Dude. I'm telling you I'm joking with you and that you have nothing to worry about, and you're STILL getting defensive? I don't want to continue going off topic but....CHILL!

Sorry guys, carry on.

Alright dude, just calm down. Everything's going to be ok. Chill out.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The whole "Nets" thing was a huge mistake. It's a gimmicky name (designed to rhyme with established teams) and is something that is impossible to build an identity around (unless you focus on the location, which in many large-market cases I support, however, even though it's a NY Metro team, "New Jersey" just isn't as identifyiable as NY.)

They have not had a good uniform in their history (IMO, of course), nor a good logo. They're Clippers East. This is a perfect opportunity to fix them.

And I love how in every single thread, some dopes post "I really loved these uniforms..." when what they really meant to type was "hey I found this super obscure uniform that I bet nobody else knows about so I'm going to post it, claim that I love it, and hope that other posters jerk me off for knowing about the existence of a uniform that they didn't know about."

Happens in every thread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Alright dude, just calm down. Everything's going to be ok. Chill out.

You're the one who needs to take a step back from the keyboard and calm down.

The whole "Nets" thing was a huge mistake. It's a gimmicky name (designed to rhyme with established teams) and is something that is impossible to build an identity around (unless you focus on the location, which in many large-market cases I support, however, even though it's a NY Metro team, "New Jersey" just isn't as identifyiable as NY.)

They have not had a good uniform in their history (IMO, of course), nor a good logo. They're Clippers East. This is a perfect opportunity to fix them.

And I love how in every single thread, some dopes post "I really loved these uniforms..." when what they really meant to type was "hey I found this super obscure uniform that I bet nobody else knows about so I'm going to post it, claim that I love it, and hope that other posters jerk me off for knowing about the existence of a uniform that they didn't know about."

Happens in every thread.

Well the problem here is that every Nets uniform is an obscure uniform :P Can't be helped. But yeah, the obscure 1982-84 script uniforms really aren't that great. Or even good.

Anyway here's hoping they fix their identity when they move to Brooklyn. I'll consider anything other then "Knights" to be a missed opportunity, however.

I was referring to when Knights is combined with Brooklyn to make "Brooklynites". It's not as great a name as everyone's making it out to be. It's just a lame ass pun.

He has spoken.

Knights is one of those nicknames used in all amateur sports, but not in the Major league sports. However, it doesn't SOUND as amateurish as say "Wildcats", "Bobcats, etc., so I think it would be great to finally get a Knights team. Although, I will say I would've rather seen a Charlotte Knights in MLB before it was used anywhere else, but oh well.

I was referring to when Knights is combined with Brooklyn to make "Brooklynites". It's not as great a name as everyone's making it out to be. It's just a lame ass pun.

I don't care about the Brooklynites pun. I just think the name "Knights" is a good one.

He has spoken.

Knights is one of those nicknames used in all amateur sports, but not in the Major league sports. However, it doesn't SOUND as amateurish as say "Wildcats", "Bobcats, etc., so I think it would be great to finally get a Knights team. Although, I will say I would've rather seen a Charlotte Knights in MLB before it was used anywhere else, but oh well.

Yup.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those red jersey look like a sixers jersey but it's navy blue and sixers has light blue.

I might called them PhilasixerNets because they wore red jersey not Navy Blue.

Sixers

sixersnewredjersey.jpg

Alternate red jersey during Half of 06-07 trough 08-09

sixersuni21.JPG

Road red jersey from 09-10-present But update their V-neck Strapes.

Nets

brook-lopez-called-for-a-foul-11-13-09-66cc4d316d10305f_large.jpg

Formely an alternate from 06-07 trough 08-09 and became primary unifrom for 09-10-present when becaming a worst start in NBA and added V-neck in 10-11 season.

I just can't believe this thread got to 4 pages. Let us just summarize. The Nets are a step-sister franchise. They have the dumbest name in professional sports. This will change shortly. All their uniforms have been uninspired.

There, only if we could go back in time and this thread never even had to exist! :D

I just can't believe this thread got to 4 pages. Let us just summarize. The Nets are a step-sister franchise. They have the dumbest name in professional sports.

Until they go with Brooklyn Ballers. Then they'll still have the dumbest name in professional sports.

Like NJ Nets and but people thinks when they move to Brolynn become Knights.

Mindblowing.

English may not be his first language fascist! [/loogodude90]

I've never called anyone a fascist, but you like to put words in people's mouths, so I'll let you say what you want.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• 1 month later...

Calgary Flames switch from regular red AWAY/Now as HOME uniform to Black uniform formely a Alternate and In 03-04 they brought back a Updated red uniform and black uniform which became alternate again until 05-06 season before RBK EDGE ERA in 07-08.

Before

9596topps-garyroberts.jpg

1995-1999 Red Road uniform which is now HOME uniform in 03-04 season.

Then

kohc3s8yz5fi74z6ojk1od6ah.gif

AAFF017.jpg

Black Road/HOME formely a Alternate and became again in 03-04 until 05-06 season.

After

81476261.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548F767F7DCAEC8F32867CC7D9027D1F648F049037E71AEFBB7

San+Jose+Sharks+v+Calgary+Flames+Game+Four+c1S5SPsQBIMl.jpg

Updated red Home uniform from 03-04 - Present and Updated ain 07-08 part of RBK EDGE.

I wish nets change back from red to navy blue.

Archived