Which New Jersey Nets Uniform is better. Red or Navy Blue uniform?

netsjazz

Reason is Nets ditch NJ on Unifrom because lack of state and other team from NJ don't use New Jersey.

Look

From www.politickernj.com

As State Sen. Kevin O'Toole (R-Cedar Grove) prepares to introduce legislation that will stop professional sports teams who don't use New Jersey on their uniforms from receiving any public dollars, two key lawmakers today praised the New Jersey Devils for their state pride.

"The New Jersey Devils are a class organization who have made our great state their home. And we share in the pride that the words ‘New Jersey' represents in their name," said State Sen. Joseph Vitale (D-Woodbridge).

Teams that play in New Jersey and don't use "NJ" on their uniforms are beginning to face criticism from public officials. Earlier this week, O'Toole slammed the Nets for their decision to remove "NJ" from their team uniforms while on the road.

Vitale is objecting to a super-sized "NY" that appears on the side of a Meadowlands office building that a state agency built for the Giants.

"It is my hope that the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority will feel that same level of pride and recognition that we all do by removing the ‘NY' logo from a building that real New Jerseyans have mostly paid for," Vitale told PolitickerNJ.com.

Last year, Assembly Majority Conference Leader Joan Quigley (D-Jersey City) strongly objected when the NY/NJ Metro Stars changed their team name to Red Bull New York after taxpayers helped the soccer franchise finance a $165 million stadium in Harrison.

"I've got to hand it to the Devils for not only making New Jersey home, but doing it with pride as other teams have kicked New Jersey around, even as they benefited from support from New Jersey fans and taxpayers," Quigley said.

But Gov. Jon Corzine said he is unlikely to support legislation to tie state funding to team uniforms.

"It would be an overreaction for us to demand that they put the logos on their jerseys. Would there be an advertising value for us if they put 'New Jersey' on their jerseys? Yes," Corzine told PolitickerNJ.com.

Another legislator, Assemblyman Michael Doherty (R-Oxford) says that he opposes the use of public funds to subsidize any professional sports teams, no matter what.

"I hope the Nets stay in New Jersey and we should not use any tax dollars to support professional sports teams regardless of whether they use New Jersey of their logo or not," said Doherty.

Dr. James W. Hughes, dean of the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, said team uniforms can help boost the economy of a team's home state, although he said he did not know by how much

Carterrheat400.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tye-dye one is obviously the best.

3653704405_d771134e2b_o.png

You mean the ones that look like they accidentally got tossed into bleached laundry? :P

For me, those are right up there with the reds as the worst Nets uniform in thier history. The late 80's and early 90's brought out some terrible stuff, but I'm sorry, for me that tops it.

I had two reasons for liking the grey jersey:

1) They were very successful in it, and to me those jerseys are synonymous with thier Finals runs of 2002 and 2003

-and-

2) They were different, but not bad-different, if that made any sense. The bleached jerseys (I refuse to call them tye-dye because that looks more like a bleach job to me :P) were bad-different. Way too wacky, and it was a total eye-sore. The grey ones, however, looked nice because of it's execution. It was clean, no other team in the league wore a grey jersey like that, and it was one of the few uniforms to evolve into something better after it's inception. For example, when they first came out with it, the numbers and wordmark were navy blue. Due to the shade of grey, they were extremely hard to read. The Nets acted and pulled the smart move of switching them to white, and BOOM, they had a winner. After that, it became, to me, one of the top five best jerseys in the league.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like the greys

then the blue

then the red

sidenote: why don't more teams wear their city name when away and their nickname when home? It just makes sense and I wish they would be more consistent with the rules on that...some teams (Lakers, Celtics, Bulls) always wear their nickname, some teams (Magic, Suns) switch nickname/city when home and away...then some teams always have their nickname but then use the city only on alternates (Heat, Rockets, Bulls, etc.)

I always thought you should wear nickname at home, city away and then toss-up for your alternate

I like the greys

then the blue

then the red

sidenote: why don't more teams wear their city name when away and their nickname when home? It just makes sense and I wish they would be more consistent with the rules on that...some teams (Lakers, Celtics, Bulls) always wear their nickname, some teams (Magic, Suns) switch nickname/city when home and away...then some teams always have their nickname but then use the city only on alternates (Heat, Rockets, Bulls, etc.)

I always thought you should wear nickname at home, city away and then toss-up for your alternate

Kings = "Sacramento" on home, "Kings" on road. Now that's f'ed up.

Here is the New Jersey Nets player never worn Blue jersey just Red Jersey for last year or today.

Jordan Farmar

Derrick Favors

Stephen Graham

Kris Humphries

Johan Petro

Anthony Morrow

Travis Outlaw

Damion James

Joe Smith

Troy Murphy

Terrence Williams

Ben Uzoh

Tony Battie

Courtney Lee

Rafer Alston

Chris Quinn

Terrence-Williams.jpg

netsjazz, just post pictures. Don't worry about typing.

And the airbrushed unis are #1, royal blue Coleman/Petrovic set is #2, and the boring late 80's set is #3 for me. I've never really liked the current identity.

I do like how this has become the unofficial Nets' uniform history thread though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've said this a bunch of times before.... but i feel like the Nets (or whatever they are going to be called in Brooklyn) are going to lean more towards Red than Blue (Navy) because they want to have a definitively different look than the Knicks. The Knicks will be blue, the Nets will be red.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I liked their navy blue roads better. I think that red has become the new black in the NBA, and that's at least part of the reason they've kept it. I mean their own 5-team division has gone from having zero teams wearing red primary jerseys just 5 years ago, to now 3 teams wearing red primaries. I also liked the New Jersey in the front better. The red jerseys just look ugly to me for some reason. It looks so forced on a team that has never been primarily red, and has always been primarily blue. I think it would have been better to just slap NETS on the blue road jerseys and call it a day, if removing New Jersey references is what they were so concerned about.

As for the gray jerseys, this a complete guess, but I think they weren't contrasting enough with white jerseys. That's the only thing I can think of, and I think it's why there are no gray or silver jerseys in the NBA despite the large number of teams that wear gray or silver.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived