Which Of Your Fantasy Teams Is Your #1?

Ez Street

I have quite a few Fantasy teams at this point. Right now my top Franchise would be the Topeka Tin Man. They have done the best and i've spent the most time refining them. When the Kansas Comets come into the MLF this season, I plan on them being my "Flagship Franchise".

So my Question is.....

What is your "Flagship Franchise"?

Right now my flagship franchise is the Winnipeg Wildfire of the CFA, 2003 North Division Champions. Returning stars of the team include Jake Plummer, Clinton Portis, Randy Moss, Shannon Sharpe, with Kurt Warner reprising his role as backup QB/mentor.

This year the SyPhi family of fantasy sports franchises welcomes two new additions: the Winnipeg Thunder of the NABA, and the Winnipeg Wolves of the TNFF. I don't see either of them overtaking the Wildfire as my flagship team anytime soon, however if you come up against either of them, don't be fooled. Just because they aren't my number one team doesn't mean you have a shot at winning.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'd have to say the UMil Purgolders since my IBL bid is still pending and I haven't gotten the pro football team that I want. Although when and if I get a football team, it'll probably become my flagship.

C'mon, someone offer me a football team... CFA, MLF, PFA... I don't care, just let me have a squad. Pretty please... with sprinkles?

"Mmmm... sprinkles." /homer

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

C'mon, someone offer me a football team... CFA, MLF, PFA... I don't care, just let me have a squad. Pretty please... with sprinkles?

I saw your request on the CFA board, and was sorta deferring to the Commish (STL) to respond, but I'll reply here...

Unfortunately the CFA is a full league, to the point of a waiting list (I believe). The league setup doesn't lend itself to expansion (we use a system that includes team defenses, and expanding beyond the 16 teams would leave us with less than the desired amount of team defenses available).

The reason for the creation of MLF I believe was because the CFA was full. Quite possibly the PFA was created because both the CFA and MLF quickly filled up. Spots open up infrequently unfortunately, so unless you can get 8 or more reliable guys and have the drive to start a league of your own, Creamerboard fantasy pro football is a tough thing to get involved in.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My flagship franchise is the New Jersey Jokers, who finished in first place in the Conference in the IHL (Although we lost in ot in the first round). Second I would say are my basbeall team the Explorers of the Continental League, and 3rd would be the Americans of MLF, who will begin play this fall.

Well, my best franchise would have to be the Ontario Outlaws of the ULL. 2003-2004 Champions so that has been my best one. Although, the franchise I take most pride in has to be the Wisconsin Warriors. Although we were 7-7 last year, we are in rebuilding mode and have a solid foundation to build around, especially with the 2 number 1's we have this year. Hopefully, we will unthrone defending conference champion and CFA Champion Cedar Rapids next year.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

My flagship (and only) franchise is the Minnesota North Stars of the DetroitHockey.Net Fantasy Hockey League. Unless non-Creamer leagues don't count, in which case I say SCREW YOU ALL!! :D

ETA: Oh yeah, my North Stars are the DFHL's Season 1 & 2 Founder's Trophy Champions (Regular Season Champions), Season 2 Memorial Trophy Champions (Playoff Champions), Season 2 Rasmussen Trophy Champions (Gretzky Conference Playoff Champions) and Season 1 & 2 Trottier Division Champions. We're rebuilding right now (if "rebuilding" means trading for Mario Lemieux to compensate for the fact that our defense is too young and needs time to get better), though.

My flagship would have to be the defending UL of B Champ New York Skyliners but right now were in a funk at 1-2, (it will be a miracle if we win this week)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, the Kansas City Scouts of the IHL would have to be mine - 2nd in the Richard Conference. That would be my flag ship.

My right hand team, next on the list would be the St. Joe Pony Express. 2nd in the Southern Division of the ULL.

My other teams were inherited and I did a quick make over with them ran with it. I have 5 teams in all.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hmm, Calgary Peregrines and Calgary Towers are both 0-0, so we'll see then.

The Peregrines came first, so for now it's them...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

C'mon, someone offer me a football team... CFA, MLF, PFA... I don't care, just let me have a squad.  Pretty please... with sprinkles?

I saw your request on the CFA board, and was sorta deferring to the Commish (STL) to respond, but I'll reply here...

Unfortunately the CFA is a full league, to the point of a waiting list (I believe). The league setup doesn't lend itself to expansion (we use a system that includes team defenses, and expanding beyond the 16 teams would leave us with less than the desired amount of team defenses available).

The reason for the creation of MLF I believe was because the CFA was full. Quite possibly the PFA was created because both the CFA and MLF quickly filled up. Spots open up infrequently unfortunately, so unless you can get 8 or more reliable guys and have the drive to start a league of your own, Creamerboard fantasy pro football is a tough thing to get involved in.

Yea, I figured as much. I was actually hoping more on the possiblity of someone giving up their franchise since 16 is really the saturation point for fantasy football (unless you want to end up with Dane Looker as a starting WR).

I will probably end up trying to see if there's 7 other guys who want teams. Even tho I didn't want it to come to that. But it's better to start a new chain than to be a link in someone elses, right?

And I'm sure the other 3 owners of Milwaukee based teams are gonna be absolutley THRILLED that they're gonna get another football team in their market. :lol:

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

MilTown...

If you ever look to find a few guys to start a new league... i'd be more than willing to get into another.

Now, to the question at hand...

I would say my Nevada/Las Vegas (still deciding on which one) Wolfpack would be mine because both my fantasy teams are 0-0 and the Wolfpack (team name still in question) are my pro team so they win out.

IUe6Hvh.png

My flagship team is presently the St. Louis Browns of the Continental League. A close second is the St. Louis Greyhounds of the Arena Football Association who are 8-4, in second place in their conference and are tied with themselves for the league record for most points scored in a game (142). Once the PFA season gets underway, my St. Louis Aeros will probably join the Browns as co-flagships. My ULL team, the St. Louis Rockets may turn out to be my best looking team as Nitroseed has agreed to design a logo and uniforms. And my IBL team, the Oklahoma City 66'ers will be a reclamation project as they were formerly the Louisville Tigers, a team that, shall we say, finished a wee bit out of championship contention last year. I've also got a piece of the Toronto Tuques (TNFF) and Dynamo Missouri (of the apparently stagnant Premier League of America).

The Space City Sentinels of the CFA, since they already have 2 seasons under their belt. My college football and sim hockey teams have yet to hit the field and ice respectively.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived