Minnesota Twins

JPhebert

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The focal point of a jersey should be the script. The white number on the front attracts too much attention, dominating the uniform. IMO, that = fail. Couple that with the switch on the back to white NOB with red number, and you have double fail. I generally really like when the script and number are different colors, but it only really works when it's a light-color jersey and neither script nor number are fancy (have an outline or other detailing), or the script is lighter than the number. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any exceptions to this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My solution would be to standardize the Twins' color scheme as navy with red on white, and white with red on navy. Too many other teams are using red scripts and numbers on navy bases. It would set them apart in a crowded subset of baseball uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The underscore sucks. The "M" sucks. I really think this script "Minnesota" with the underscore is bad. The block letters worked better especially with the "modern" Twins. If they went to script with or without a tail and did the same with the Minnesota, then I'd be fine, but they are mixing styles. And I'll agree with BBVT and the white number on the front looks out of place. It's why I hate the Astros home and their grey roads, the front number is different than the rest of the jersey.

The underscore sucks. The "M" sucks. I really think this script "Minnesota" with the underscore is bad. The block letters worked better especially with the "modern" Twins. If they went to script with or without a tail and did the same with the Minnesota, then I'd be fine, but they are mixing styles. And I'll agree with BBVT and the white number on the front looks out of place. It's why I hate the Astros home and their grey roads, the front number is different than the rest of the jersey.

I don't have too much of a problem with the Astros gray jersey, because the number is darker and doesn't distract from the script. Those jerseys suck, but not for that reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The focal point of a jersey should be the script. The white number on the front attracts too much attention, dominating the uniform. IMO, that = fail. Couple that with the switch on the back to white NOB with red number, and you have double fail. I generally really like when the script and number are different colors, but it only really works when it's a light-color jersey and neither script nor number are fancy (have an outline or other detailing), or the script is lighter than the number. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any exceptions to this.

I really love the Dodgers unis. The red front number is just too good-looking.

The Minnesota Twins blue Alternate jerseys at home have always had different colored script and numbers/names since they first introduced them in '97.

The only thing I wish they had done with this new jersey was switch the script and player name on back to be white w/red outline and have both of the numbers red w/white outline. This was the way the older blue roadie ALT was and it differentiated it from the home blue ALT jersey.

This new road ALT basically follows the same color pattern that the home blue ALTs have always had.

I really love the Dodgers unis. The red front number is just too good-looking.

The dodgers are ok with me, because at least it's just plain numbers and don't have any fancy details. Honestly though, if we weren't used to them and they just came out today, we'd probably be critical of the red.

Archived