NHL Redesign

evanmaldonado

I've been making concepts for a while now, and finally have decided to share my ideas with everyone. I'm doing each team's primary sets first, then, once all teams are finished, I may do an alternate for each one.

Finished Concepts:

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

Atlantic:

New Jersey Devils

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

Southeast:

Atlanta Thrashers

Carolina Hurricanes

Florida Panthers

Tampa Bay Lightning

Washington Capitals

WESTERN CONFERENCE:

Central:

Chicago Blackhawks

Columbus Blue Jackets

Detroit Red Wings

Nashville Predators

St. Louis Blues

Pacific:

Anaheim Ducks

Dallas Stars

Los Angeles Kings

I chose to start by division, and have started with the Atlantic. Here's the New Jersey Devils:

NewJerseyDevils.png

Not a lot has changed with them, besides the obvious color swap on the home jerseys. The circle behind the logo has also been removed, along with small tweaks.

Manchester-City-icon.png

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the circle behind the logo makes it more of a full crest. It looks sort of incomplete without it.

But I always said that the Devils would look good in a Black alternate and this looks solid. But you have to keep a red around as well. They are the Devils after all.

I see what you're saying about the circle. I've just always found it unnecessary. I've never gotten the reasoning behind it

Manchester-City-icon.png

I don't see what's so wrong with re-coloring templates. IMO I think a concept should be judged by how it looks, not by how much effort is put into them.

Agreed. I do my best to switch things up, but sometimes I recolour templates. Some people aren't as skilled as others.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Moving on, here's the New York Islanders:

NewYorkIslanders.png

The main change is the multiple references to their four straight Stanley Cups from 1980-83. The logo has been altered on the home, as well as the addition of the lighthouse on the shoulders.

Edit: for some reason the lighthouse isn't showing up on the back shoulders.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Your orange is off... purposeful?

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

@ricearoni1287 yeah I may have overdone the four stripe thing haha. But thank you. Hopefully I don't disappoint you.

@nash61 that actually was intentional. The blue is also slightly altered.I just thought the orange was a bit too bright.

@north dakota. Thank you. Don't want to disappoint

Manchester-City-icon.png

Just noticed the four stripes in the numbers... a bit too subtle.:ninja:

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I really like the subtle stripes on the numbers.

On the other hand, I think you should consider using the pants from the white jersey with both uniforms. Also, the recoloured logo looks alright in theory, except that you now have a blue island floating in an orange ocean. I'm sure that the pollution will do that eventually, but maybe you should wait for that time to come before the logo change.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Next up is the New York Rangers:

NewYorkRangers.png

The home and away jerseys now share the same, classic template, with slight striping alterations. "NEW YORK" goes down the whites, while "RANGERS" is on the blues. Royal is gone, permanently replaced with navy. Slight modification on the pants as well.

Manchester-City-icon.png

You have a drop shadow on the "New York", but an outline on the "Rangers" Consistency would make it better.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived