NHL Redesign

evanmaldonado

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Panthers jerseys seem to have been received pretty well, so onto the Tampa Bay Lightning:

TampaBayLightning.png

The Lightning have been searching for a simpler identity as of late, so I decided to base my concept off of that. Black has been dropped, and instead replaced with grey. I really like the new logos they have going for them, so I slightly modified them to include more contrast in the jersey. The victory stripes remain a staple of the Lightning history with these as well.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Rounding out the Southeast is the Washington Capitals:

WashingtonCapitals.png

While I love the "Rock the Red" look they've been using the past few years, I wanted to go back to their pre-edge years with the blue and gold. Basically those jerseys were all terrible, so I wanted to try and fix them. I used the Winter Classic jersey as the main source of inspiration, and did a minor striping addition and alteration to it. The gold pants are a stretch for hockey traditionally, but I love the way it looks.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I take it the 1990s change to blue and bronze wasn't received well then haha. I'll hopefully have the edit up soon

I vastly preferred it, but I'm in the minority. It's hard to picture the bronze pants as they are... I can actually visuaize it looking good with the blue jersey, but horrible with the white.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived