evanmaldonado

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stars use the color green? ;-)

Not in my concept they won't be haha.

Anyways, Final Anaheim Edit:

AnaheimDucksEdit4.png

Logo changed for the white jersey. Through all the changes, This turned out miles above what I had originally done. Expect Dallas within the next few days.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Can't say I'm a big fan of this look. Black, green and white on their own is a bit too dull for my tastes, and reminds me too much of an old British racing car. Kudos for getting rid of the wordmark in favour of better logos though, am especially liking the use of the duck mask ^_^

Why not throw some orange in there to make this set pop a little more? Making the D-foot orange might be the way to go too, as it just doesn't look right in green or white to me personally.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I may still make some tweaks to the Anaheim set as something is bothering me, but for now I'm moving on with the Dallas Stars:

DallasStars.png

Now I know I'm in the minority, but I love the jersey set they have going now. I'm not even sure why, but it just sticks out to me. So all I did was add some waist stripes and change the shoulder logo, as well as create a "STARS" script on the home baseball style. I really like how this came out.

Manchester-City-icon.png

Why is the word "STARS" radially arched and the word "DALLAS" vertically arched? Shouldn't they be the same? Either the letters are straight up and down, or they are arced around a circle.

I'm not a fan either way, I hate that college look, but it should at least be consistent

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I find the green-free idea to be an interesting take on the Stars. It's the no-logo part that's bothering me. I hate wordmarks on hockey jerseys in general (the Rangers would be the lone exception, and even then I prefer Lady Liberty), and the plain script really takes the cake. At least the Ducks try to make their wordmark logo-like... Dallas doesn't even try.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I may still make some tweaks to the Anaheim set as something is bothering me, but for now I'm moving on with the Dallas Stars:

DallasStars.png

Now I know I'm in the minority, but I love the jersey set they have going now. I'm not even sure why, but it just sticks out to me. So all I did was add some waist stripes and change the shoulder logo, as well as create a "STARS" script on the home baseball style. I really like how this came out.

its too Boston Bruins to me. im sorry. and very horribly generic. bring back the green and the STAR. the team is not called the Dallas Black and Golds. ITS CALLED THE STARS!. no offense man. just my 2 take

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

Why is the word "STARS" radially arched and the word "DALLAS" vertically arched? Shouldn't they be the same? Either the letters are straight up and down, or they are arced around a circle.

I'm not a fan either way, I hate that college look, but it should at least be consistent

The texts are different. I tried making them as similar as possible,bus considering that the "DALLAS" one is actually made by the organization and my "STARS" one was made in GIMP they're bound to be a bit different haha. For the edit I'll likely make the "DALLAS" script the same way.

I find the green-free idea to be an interesting take on the Stars. It's the no-logo part that's bothering me. I hate wordmarks on hockey jerseys in general (the Rangers would be the lone exception, and even then I prefer Lady Liberty), and the plain script really takes the cake. At least the Ducks try to make their wordmark logo-like... Dallas doesn't even try.

I figured most people would say that. And the strange thing is, as much as I like logos, I love the wordmark Dallas came up with. I have an idea that I may try that keeps the script but also makes it more logo like. I'll toy around with that and if all goes well and it's to my liking, I'll definitely post it in the edit. Thanks for all the input!

Manchester-City-icon.png

you already made a great change to the Ducks, why not take some of that same ingenuity to the stars? Replace black, or at least most of it, with the darkest green you can find. Make it look almost-black, and that it'll certainly photograph black, like the old oil-drop Edmonton third. Think outside the box just a tiny bit here.

I also agree with everybody concerning logos, but the team is certainly going in the wordmark direction, so I guess I can't complain about your choice TOO much. At least you fixed the hemline striping to match the sleeves. That bugs me a lot about their current jerseys

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

its too Boston Bruins to me. im sorry. and very horribly generic. bring back the green and the STAR. the team is not called the Dallas Black and Golds. ITS CALLED THE STARS!. no offense man. just my 2 take

The star references are made on the jersey. And think of it this way. how generic is it if only one other NHL team uses just script for both jerseys? ;)

you already made a great change to the Ducks, why not take some of that same ingenuity to the stars? Replace black, or at least most of it, with the darkest green you can find. Make it look almost-black, and that it'll certainly photograph black, like the old oil-drop Edmonton third. Think outside the box just a tiny bit here.

I hadn't even considered that since I had Anaheim steal the color associated with Dallas haha. I'll throw that around. Lots of input to work from on this one. Funny, because I really liked these

Manchester-City-icon.png

The star references are made on the jersey. And think of it this way. how generic is it if only one other NHL team uses just script for both jerseys? ;)

I hadn't even considered that since I had Anaheim steal the color associated with Dallas haha. I'll throw that around. Lots of input to work from on this one. Funny, because I really liked these

the only stars I see are on the sleeves. sorry if im missing them. and the other team"s New York Rangers. right? i guess your right its not generic in the NHL. but in sports its pretty generic. (except maybe baseball. where scripts are needed very much)

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

DallasStars.png

Im sorry but I hate this concept with a passion... and heres why.

The Dallas Stars always had unique and classy jerseys. First with their original set using kelly green and then with the fresh and colourful Star design. In 2007 they threw their identity away for a dull, generic, collegiate mess so lacking in inspiration it'd be generous to call them practice jerseys. Adding hem stripes is a slight improvement but removing the green is an even bigger downgrade. I really hope the Stars come to their senses and mothball those horrid almagamations of sports uniforms for good. Back to the drawing board on this one.

Oh and the only logo that should ever adorn the front of a Stars jersey is the one in my sig.

For the Ducks I would use the original wild wing logo as the crest logo and put the web D logo as a shoulder patch or something. I would also go back to the original eggplant and teal color scheme as well. To brighten that color scheme up a bit I may just use silver or something to seperate the eggplant and the black a little bit,or just use less black

Haha I figured I'd be in the minority with the design of the jersey. I've been strying something with the logo, but I'm still tweaking it. I never liked green for the stars, but since it's so popular I'll be throwing some things around. Expect the edit soon

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived