Hundreds of counterfeit Winter Classic sportswear items seized

Waleslax

Fake Winter Classic merchandise seized in Pittsburg. My favorite quote from the article reads: "the main dangers are that the jerseys would fall apart and that people thinking they spent money to support the Penguins and Steelers are "actually supporting the counterfeiters." I am interested to see if they go after the people who were going to sell this merchandise in the US.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

YES! Shut these guys down so the only alternative is to give Reebok hundreds of dollars for a shirt that cost $9 to make!

VICTORY!

Well, have fun funding the Chinese mafia. I prefer option C, which involves not buying counterfeit goods, and only buying authentic NHL jerseys... on clearance or on eBay.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

YES! Shut these guys down so the only alternative is to give Reebok hundreds of dollars for a shirt that cost $9 to make!

VICTORY!

Well, have fun funding the Chinese mafia.

I, for one, welcome our oriental overlords, and wish them well on their conquests. Triads 4 Lyfe!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's funny when they mess up like this: http://hockeyjerseyconcepts.blogspot.com/2010/10/chinese-knock-offs-of-my-concept.html

Some Chinese retailer was selling this as an authentic Winter Classic sweater.

PIT2-WC2011%28guess%29.png

PIT2-WC2011%28guess%29ACTUAL.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

In fairness to the counterfeiters, that looks better than the Penguins' actual Winter Classic jersey.

In fairness to the counterfeiters, that looks better than the Penguins' actual Winter Classic jersey.

Give the credit where it is due, Ryan at HockeyJerseyConcepts

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I love this. I teach in Pittsburgh and people were making fun of me for buying jerseys off NHL.com. I see kids in school with the fake powder blue. I told a co-worker don't buy one, wonder if his got seized? There's a small store that had only fakes. I was asking and he was telling me they're authentic, he gets them directly that's why the low price, etc. He got busted and they took all jerseys. Love it! I don't support RBK selling at a high cost(even though I buy), I support protecting their copyrights and people who sell to unsuspecting people who don't know better.

KISSwall09.jpg

A bunch of guys from an online store set up a table at my college and were selling knockoffs. The shoulder patches on their Leafs jerseys were the 90's leaf instead of the new one.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

VICTORY!

Well, have fun funding the Chinese mafia. I prefer option C, which involves not buying counterfeit goods, and only buying authentic NHL jerseys... on clearance or on eBay.

+1

I'm looking forward to the discount Winter Classic deals at Kettler Capitals Iceplex and the innernets.

VICTORY!

I think I might take one of your concepts, put the image on a t-shirt, sell the shirts and give you 0% of the profits. It's the same thing.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

VICTORY!

I think I might take one of your concepts, put the image on a t-shirt, sell the shirts and give you 0% of the profits. It's the same thing.

I'll buy one.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

VICTORY!

The people who created the logos and designs have already made their money. Knock-off jerseys are only around because "Authentic" jerseys are exorbitantly overpriced and in a lot of cases (like with the "Authentic" Reebok EDGE jerseys) more poorly made than the knock-offs...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

VICTORY!

The people who created the logos and designs have already made their money. Knock-off jerseys are only around because "Authentic" jerseys are exorbitantly overpriced and in a lot of cases (like with the "Authentic" Reebok EDGE jerseys) more poorly made than the knock-offs...

I don't find them to be overpriced or poorly made.

spikes.jpg

VICTORY!

As someone who has collected jerseys for 20 years I really get what you are saying about the cost and "quality" of today's licensed replicas. But isn't you logic basically saying its ok to steal from wealthy people/companies?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

more poorly made than the knock-offs...

Do you own a Chinese knock-off, by chance?

I am ashamed to say that I own one. And the quality is :censored: There are loose threads EVERYWHERE, and I can't pull them, or it'll run like crazy. I'm now keeping the local seamstress off welfare.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived