Hundreds of counterfeit Winter Classic sportswear items seized

Waleslax

YES! Shut these guys down so the only alternative is to give Reebok hundreds of dollars for a shirt that cost $9 to make!

VICTORY!

I think I might take one of your concepts, put the image on a t-shirt, sell the shirts and give you 0% of the profits. It's the same thing.

The people who created the logos and designs have already made their money. Knock-off jerseys are only around because "Authentic" jerseys are exorbitantly overpriced and in a lot of cases (like with the "Authentic" Reebok EDGE jerseys) more poorly made than the knock-offs...

As someone who has collected jerseys for 20 years I really get what you are saying about the cost and "quality" of today's licensed replicas. But isn't you logic basically saying its ok to steal from wealthy people/companies?

And why shouldn't he? We ARE living in Obama's America where the top 20% is supposed to subsidize the bottom 40%, aren't we? Sorry, but the fact is that 40% of Americans pay NO taxes. Take from the rich to give to the poor. It's the (new) American way!

YES! Shut these guys down so the only alternative is to give Reebok hundreds of dollars for a shirt that cost $9 to make!

VICTORY!

I think I might take one of your concepts, put the image on a t-shirt, sell the shirts and give you 0% of the profits. It's the same thing.

The people who created the logos and designs have already made their money. Knock-off jerseys are only around because "Authentic" jerseys are exorbitantly overpriced and in a lot of cases (like with the "Authentic" Reebok EDGE jerseys) more poorly made than the knock-offs...

As someone who has collected jerseys for 20 years I really get what you are saying about the cost and "quality" of today's licensed replicas. But isn't you logic basically saying its ok to steal from wealthy people/companies?

And why shouldn't he? We ARE living in Obama's America where the top 20% is supposed to subsidize the bottom 40%, aren't we? Sorry, but the fact is that 40% of Americans pay NO taxes. Take from the rich to give to the poor. It's the (new) American way!

To clarify and not to hijack but actually 47% of the country either pays no federal income taxes and/or receives money from the federal government.

Back to the counterfeit talk...

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

VICTORY!

Well to do Americans don't always pay taxes either dude. Just pointing that out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

VICTORY!

Well to do Americans don't always pay taxes either dude. Just pointing that out.

They actually pay ZERO federal income taxes or just an amount that you are not satisfied with?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

VICTORY!

They actually pay ZERO federal income taxes or just an amount that you are not satisfied with?

I'm sure if you crunch the numbers after the loopholes and writeoffs, its either at 0 or close to it.

/end tangent.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

VICTORY!

I'm sure if you crunch the numbers after the loopholes and writeoffs, its either at 0 or close to it.

/end tangent.

So you're just guessing/assuming?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

I had a teacher selling them at my school and kids were buying them like crazy

Your teacher is committing a felony on school grounds. Interesting. Think the school board would care to hear about that?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

VICTORY!

/end tangent.

So you're just guessing/assuming?

That's true...I'm a pending CPA for the record...he's spot on.

That's 47% of Americans that don't pay any FEDERAL income tax. They still pay state/city income taxes, property taxes, etc. Those are all deductible on Schedule A of a 1040 tax return. Factor in other itemized deductions (medical expenses, mortgage interest, charitable contributions, etc.), tax credits (some of which are refundable if you can't utilize the full amount) and it really is a TON of people that have no federal income tax liability.

Also, not to turn this political, but this has always been the case. Now, I don't know about the percentages and if they're higher/lower than historical figures, but there were tons of people who didn't have federal income tax liability under Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, and on and on and on...

And now, about those counterfeits...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I had a teacher selling them at my school and kids were buying them like crazy

Your teacher is committing a felony on school grounds. Interesting. Think the school board would care to hear about that?

He should be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. People who buy these crappy countefeit rags make be absolutely sick to my stomach. The last time I was in Jersey City in Calgary I overheard this lady running her mouth about how she could get the Flames heritage Classic jersey for $50 on Ebay and it made we want to puke.

I'd like to remind several of our more conservative members of the board that this is a thread about counterfeit jerseys, not about how the poor are waiting in line to suck the money out of your pockets. Keep politics in the politics thread or I shut this one down.

Thank you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

VICTORY!

Well, have fun funding the Chinese mafia.

I, for one, welcome our oriental overlords, and wish them well on their conquests. Triads 4 Lyfe!

Of course, NHL licenced replicas are made in Indonesia, so unless you're buying a $300+ Edge jersey, you're supporting the "oriental" overlords.

I wonder why RBK is unwilling to pay Canadian wages to make the replicas. Back in the day, the CCM replicas used to be made in Canada, cost less, and were of high quality. Times are changing, I guess.

I'd be curious to know how the pay and working conditions compare at the Reebok sweatshops versus the ones where the conterfeits are made. Which would be better?

Food for thought.

Archived