Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

Are you going to buy an alt jersey?  YOu're going to want to I think...I wouldn't lie about this...they are pretty sweet.  I want one.

Allow me to quote myself and say that I didn't mean that as vain as it must sound.

I didn't actually design the jerseys...and they are the sweet I was referring to.

I had some say in which one was used....but they aren't my work...I'll explain later.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't actually design the jerseys...and they are the sweet I was referring to.

I had some say in which one was used....but they aren't my work...I'll explain later

The LOGO is....my work.  It is!

The design of the shirt itself...striping etc.  Is not.

*tries to comb through Sterling's posts*

BTW, there is an "edit" button for just these occasions....

So, anyway, you made the logo, but not the jersey?  Wasn't this whole thing about someone here designing the jersey?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That's part of why the whole process was eye-opening for me.  As designers we kind of envision a team handing us the keys and saying "Here..do it".

Little did I know how many people have a hand in it.  For instance, did you realize that the jersey manufacturer plays a big part?  In fact, S&P or whomever it is, had 3 third jersey suggestions on the table already...logos n all.

So I didnt have carte blanche to create the whole jersey.  I did some preliminary sketches, but it's WAY cheaper for the people ultimately creating the shirt, to use a template that exists already.  By template I just mean the panels that are one color or another and make up any stripes or what have you.  You all know that there is flexibility within those constraints.

So we put my logo on the samples there were to choose from and picked the best one.

Actually management and the fans picked I think.

The only hint I'll give you is that the idea of mimicking Vancouver fell by the wayside pretty early.  And it was not for lack of want.  It was, like everything , a financial issue that I again, did not consider.  Having one set with Blue and red means buying twice the helmets and gloves for all the players and seemed too expensive I think.

OK, two hints.  Getting back to my first point, this jersey will not be a benchmark in the medium like the Sabres or Capitals jerseys where teams start copying the striping all the way down to peewee.  It's more standard than that.  BUt it is tasteful, and really really sharp.

BTW, there is an "edit" button for just these occasions....

So sorry guys.  I seriously didnt know that.  From now on I'll just edit in my thoughts.

Wasn't this whole thing about someone here designing the jersey?

I don't know that it was.  Honestly, I think it was about a marketing director doing what it took to get himself something to market...to even better do his job.  As Pantone's very first post eludes to, there were no guarantees for anyone, the Moose or us.  I applaud them for their creativity and open-mindedness.  Not just because of how it turned out either, but because lots of teams say there is a contest when they've really already decided. That wasn't the case with Manitoba.

I think the economics of minor league sports are deceiving and implementing anything is a big deal.  Perhaps that is why they called me in the first place is that my concept made no attempt to design a jersey at all.  Maybe that was a fortunate oversight.

I guess that is what I want to get across, and not in a "talking down" manner mind you.  At some point in any of your careers you may run into a situation where people want you, value your work and input, but have no intention of letting you run the show start to finish.  I'm not so sure anymore that it ever works that way.   All other business decisions are done by committee.  It stands to reason this does too.

Excellent.

(The jerseys for my boss's team, the Eagles team I designed the logo for, arrived today.  I don't believe I got one.  Bah.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Fantastic!

Do you have a pic?? I'd love to see it.

CHECK ME OUT I'M EDITING!!!!! Weee

I meant to say.  Fantastic they got made....but that is crap that they didn't give you one.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to add fuel to the anticipatory fire, the latest Moose radio ads proudly proclaim "the introduction of our NEW third jersey!"

Oughtta be fun...I might just have to go buy a ticket or two for opening night.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Really??!!

Freakin cool.

Wish I could hear that.  Maybe I'll ask them for an MP3 of it.

Yup, not too long now....mere weeks.

THen I'll share so much fun-ness with y'all.

I'd love to hear that radio spot as well...

...even though I had NOTHING to do with the design of ANYTHING, I'd like to think that there's a little bit of me in there somewhere...

And no; I haven't seen the final design either.  I'm just as much in the dark as the rest of you...

Hmmm... yeah, you'd think they'd hang on to the thirds until they can jump into their new arena, but oh well... I may have to buy a ticket to go see something from our board make it big in the best city in the world (whose name rhymes with guinea pig)!
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

In a certain section of both Gary Filmon and Gary Bettman's anatomies. J/K

This arena will seat 15,000, meaning that if the NHL gets some serious issues worked out and comes to its senses, the Jets could one day fly again.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Hmmm... yeah, you'd think they'd hang on to the thirds until they can jump into their new arena

Do you mean hold off on thirds at all until next season??

I think, and I'll have to wait til its unveiled to enlighten all the way, that they didnt have a definite plan going into this last winter.  It just happened and they liked it so why not try it on for size.

Who knows what they'll end up doing for next season.

Archived