Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WINNIPEG, MANITOBA (AP): During a concert in Winnipeg, much to the delight of browsers of the CCSLP Forums, rapper Snoop Dogg was spotted wearing the new third jersey of the Manitoba Moose.

"It's the illest hockey jersey I ever been seen," said Snoop. "I wish other hockey jersizzles were as off the hizzle as this one is."

The jersey, designed by forum member Sterling84, was the winner of a contest to have their entry used as the third jersey of the Moose.

"I think the expression on the moosizzle's face signifies the hard times that the rap industry has gone through to become mainstream," explains Snoop. "Plus, it's just plain bad as hell."

There is no current knowledge of whether Snoop plans on donning jerseys of other sports teams at future concerts, or if any other teams will hold contests to design their jerseys.

:D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I was looking through some old emails, and found the original email from the Moose that started this whole thing.  This is from someone in the Moose front office:

12/10/2002

"...Have you ever come across a logo of a Moose other than ours or Halifax that was designed as a "concept".  I'm thinking of developing a 3rd jersey logo of a Moose that's a little bit more "aggressive" than the current one (I think we're the only logo in professional hockey that smiles)...anyway I have absolutely no budget for this project but maybe someone has developed something already.  If I were to find a logo I could probably pay them from next year's budget once the design is approved by owners."

The rest is history as they say...

snoop_moose.jpg

The D-O-Double G thinks my design be fly!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's it! You are big time now!! This really makes my day.

:laugh: :laugh:

Too cool!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 8 months later...

Archived