Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

Well, the Moose is slowly getting the new logo in their website. The new logo is now on heading of the message boards:

http://www.moosehockey.com/fancentre/forum/index.php

Remember, the logo was on this message board before theirs

Yup, and don't forget it. It's won't be the last either.

RE: Their boards.......God luv em.......I mean, those people are hardcore into minor hockey and their Moose, but I lurk sometimes, to guage opinion on my work.......and........sigh.

They are the kind of fans, who know who played fourth line center for the Moose back in '01 on March 7th........but also don't quite get the uni nuances ya know? There'll be a thread and the consensus will be that it's ok, but it needs more purple (???) THey are like the Raiders fan who prefaces every discussion with "Franco didn't catch that ball". They feel a compulsive need to state and restate, before any commentary on the new stuff, that the old is their favorite.......like a disclaimer.

Which is fine, cause it was quirky and cool-ish and recognizeable.......but come on.

Anyway, yeah.......thanks for all the love thrown my way. Should be a great AHL season and I am certainly honored to get to check out my work in box scores and photo galleries every day all season long. I wish the same to all of you.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you can see it offered as wallpaper--there may be people all over Manitoba--and even beyond (think players' mothers)with your logo on their wallpaper!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

congrats sterling, you are living the sportslogos.net dream

I certainly am......and I've you and Pantone to thank.....amongst many MANY others.

I can't wait to see it 30' wide at center ice at the new MTS Centre.

Checking out their schedule, the Moose make their only visit to Milwaukee on March 15 and 17 (that's a Tuesday/Thursday). Anyone up for a CCSLC get together at the Bradley Center?

I'm in......I'll be there FO SHIZZLE....anybody else?? Discrim? MiltownMVP? I know I'm forgetting some others.

Just to beat a dead horse...

I was in the mall adjacent to the old Arena on Sunday, and there's merch of every possible kind with Sterling's logo plastered all over it (yes, it's all licensed and legal). Toques, caps, tees, belly tees, rompers, everything.

I'm definitely grabbing one of the toques for winter this year- it looks really sharp.

Good on ya, Sterling. When I'm saying goodbye to the old arena and hello to the MTS Centre, I'll try and grab some pics for ya on location.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oh yeah! Great job! Too bad the guy on the left is wearing the old jersey. Are they still wearing that?

Yup. That is their alternate now.....or primary?? Who knows. They missed the AHL Deadline for official primary logo changeover. Meaning, all road game tickets, league materials, etc, will still list/display Mick E. Moose as the primary.

But within their own organization, within their own building, they can do what they want. So.....I'd expect to see a near full on shift toward this new stuff. I also saw on the Canadian sports networks, about half are using the new logo in the highlight intro.....which is a thrill in and of itself.

The green jersey is still active. It'll be worn on occassion at home only. The white one like that isn't. They auctioned them all off this summer on EBay and never replaced them.

I've been doing some more work for them for a few months....mostly small stuff....some not so small. Hopefully I can show you all soon enough.

Yup.  That is their alternate now.....or primary??  Who knows.  They missed the AHL Deadline for official primary logo changeover.  Meaning, all road game tickets, league materials, etc, will still list/display Mick E. Moose as the primary.

The green jersey is still active.  It'll be worn on occassion at home only.  The white one like that isn't.  They auctioned them all off this summer on EBay and never replaced them.

That's the confusing part. The AHL website still has the old logo. The Moose's webstie shop does have the correct set of jerseys.

If anyone wants to write a news article about this, possibly interviewing the creator of the logo (whoever that may be ) i'll gladly put it up on the front page of the site.

chris

Can't wait to see that

I saw, I came, I left.

That's the confusing part. The AHL website still has the old logo. The Moose's webstie shop does have the correct set of jerseys.

Yes. In effect, the Moose are saying."This is our primary now. See it on all our stuff?"

And the AHL is saying......"Umm, no it isn't. You didn't dot your T's and cross your I's in time. For '04-05.......the old one is still the primary one". And by the book, that is 100% true.

I don't think it REALLY matters so much. I mean, I'm all for a clean break and all.......I'm for a consistent message to the fans...but let's be real. Mick E Moose was pretty popular in Winnipeg....it's never going to go away entirely. So a "clunky" or prolonged transition...if you want to call it that..is kind of fine.

So to summarize, anything you see that the AHL itself produces.....won't be in line with everything the team produces.

No biggie. It'll work itself out next year.

In case you're curious.......the reason they can have TWO jerseys with the new one.......under AHL rules...is because we were working on that last December/January.......that request (new jersey request) was submitted in plenty of time....and I suppose is technically another (aka road) alternate.

I don't think it REALLY matters so much. I mean, I'm all for a clean break and all.......I'm for a consistent message to the fans...but let's be real. Mick E Moose was pretty popular in Winnipeg....it's never going to go away entirely. So a "clunky" or prolonged transition...if you want to call it that..is kind of fine.

You mean... the new moose isn't name Mick E. Moose? That's disappointing. I thought Barry Bonds had just hooked him up with BALCO.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 3 weeks later...

041108.jpg

Eventually I'll stop posting in this thread EVERY time something cool happens. But I've been waiting to have it at center ice for nearly two years....so.

I've been working on some things for them lately, one of which is a patch celebrating the inaugural season at MTS. Hopefully you'll see it soon.

Take it easy boys.

041108.jpg

Eventually I'll stop posting in this thread EVERY time something cool happens. But I've been waiting to have it at center ice for nearly two years....so.

I've been working on some things for them lately, one of which is a patch celebrating the inaugural season at MTS. Hopefully you'll see it soon.

Take it easy boys.

WOW :o

Archived