Official manitoba moose 3rd jersey/logo contest

TruColor

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling, you never have to appologize for posting when something cool happens. This is exhillarating, exciting, and we celebrate this success with you!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Wow! That's looks sweet! I'm wondering, is that what the red line supposed to look like? and I think from the look at that picture, there's no ice on it yet

I'm guessing the red line will have that diamond pattern, as shown at the edges of the circle.

Actually, they paint the logos on a layer of ice, then they put another layer over the top of that.

Sterling, were it me, I'd go to Winnipeg and ask if you can walk out onto center ice. Then I'd probably lie down on that logo and weep tears of joy. Or something. B)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sterling, I am extremely happy and excited for you. I'm sure I speak for all of us when we say we envy you. It really is fantastic work too and I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass. The thrill of having a team plaster your work all over everything has got to be exciting as hell.

It's too bad they had to have the lines running through a great design. They should have rotated it and put one on each side of the red line to keep the logo clean. Just my opinion.

That's an awesome picture of your logo at center ice. You have no reason to feel ashamed about gloating, Sterling...this is very cool.

I did notice that the ice to the right of the logo is very cracked...just waiting for the next coat i guess. And is the red line going to cut right through the logo, or is the logo going to show over the red line? I'm surprised that the logo isn't broken down the middle to allow for the extra width of the red line. Other arenas shrink the logo to fit either side of the line, sometimes rotating it so both sides can view it right side up. At Tsongas Arena in Lowell, MA, the arena's logo is at center ice, and the 2 home teams' logos (LockMonsters & UMass-Lowell) are smaller next to nearby face-off dots.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Couple more pics from this mornings practice.

Coach Smyle seems to like it. He's always decked out all up in my gear. And I think it looks cool underneath the ice now..with the skate marks over it.

image4.jpg

Kind of a hard to see shot. But notice although there aren't any dasherboard adverts yet, there are A LOT on the ice.

image1.jpg

Just in this shot alone, you can see the center ice logo, the Canucks logo and 3, check that FOUR separate ads. Like wow.

image2.jpg

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Now that's a cool shirt. B)

Sterling, the question on my mind is... you've gotten some money from all of this, right? I understand when they had the third jersey contest on here, there wasn't really any money involved. I would hope now that the logo is their new primary identity that you'd get some green out of it.

POTD 2013-08-22

Sterling, the question on my mind is... you've gotten some money from all of this, right? I understand when they had the third jersey contest on here, there wasn't really any money involved. I would hope now that the logo is their new primary identity that you'd get some green out of it.

Yup. We came to arrangements long ago. I sold the rights to the image in its entirety (with obvious portfolio usage caviats for myself).

So, it's made...........a little more money than they paid me for it. :D But they gave me my shot. I couldn't care less.

Plus, we have a more standardized working relationship for ongoing work. For instance, just modifying it to be the primary, was additional billing.

I'm covered. Not rich, but covered.

Thanks for worrying.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm covered. Not rich, but covered.

Thanks for worrying.

Sorry for being nosy, but, well... I'm nosy. ^_^

Congratulations again, my man. It's a great design, and deserves the accolades it's received.

POTD 2013-08-22

Guys, maybe it's just me but I don't see this as being a very big deal.

It a friggin' ENORMOUS deal. One of our own is presently having his work showcased at the highest level of professional hockey being played on the entire continent. And not only that, it actually LOOKS GREAT - not always a dead solid lock in professional sports.

I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said. This is just a great, great thing for you and the community. Hopefully it's the first in a long line of big breaks for our esteemed membership.

041108.jpg

Chris is right, you are living our dream. Congrats. BTW a couple of things to point out on the pic.

1.) Is it me or does it look like they wrote MTS Centre and Inaugural Season in Sharpie?

2.) Anyone concerned about the HUGE crack on the right side? :P

Oh and btw, you gotta love the sponsor patches on the practice jerseys. :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived