2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon%252Bv%252BUCLA%252Bj118KA65-Lel.jpg

That jersey might actually be my favorite in college football. Seriously.

Agreed. if only Oregon would be forced to stick with these for all their road games.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

Agreed. if only Oregon would be forced to stick with these for all their road games.

Then maybe they would have avoided this

107329740_crop_358x243.jpg?1291507332

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Do you hold a grudge against Penn State or something? They have a classic, and clean, uniform set that should never be altered or touched.

Except they were altered this offseason, and the only shred of visual interest (the contrasting cuffs and collars) was removed, making Penn State's set now look like practice jerseys.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Do you hold a grudge against Penn State or something? They have a classic, and clean, uniform set that should never be altered or touched.

Except they were altered this offseason, and the only shred of visual interest (the contrasting cuffs and collars) was removed, making Penn State's set now look like practice jerseys.

Exactly.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You must like being on Spring Break from your school, huh Kiddo?

(Honestly, we do not care, but I know that you will reply because that is what you do. Reply to any post which comes your way. Kiddo stays.)

Exactly, those noobs just don't know how to post. Good posts always read like the incoherent drunk ramblings of a wackjob, so you've got it down perfect!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

After looking it up, yeah I totally forgot they did that, honestly. I must have hated it so much, I blocked it from my mind.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

You must like being on Spring Break from your school, huh Kiddo?

(Honestly, we do not care, but I know that you will reply because that is what you do. Reply to any post which comes your way. Kiddo stays.)

Exactly, those noobs just don't know how to post. Good posts always read like the incoherent drunk ramblings of a wackjob, so you've got it down perfect!

I'm not drunk, I just made a joke.

Two of those don't even include school colors (that minimal amount of trim doesn't count), one is a throwback, and the all green is debatable, but Oregon loses all uniform-related debates so my previous statement still stands

Cal's pants stripes lose all uniform arguments.

You're right, they should have gone with diamond plated knees

dixon-oregon-football.jpg

Two of those don't even include school colors (that minimal amount of trim doesn't count), one is a throwback, and the all green is debatable, but Oregon loses all uniform-related debates so my previous statement still stands

Cal's pants stripes lose all uniform arguments.

You're right, they should have gone with diamond plated knees

dixon-oregon-football.jpg

calwhitehelmet.jpg

picture=1000 words

Not sure what an off topic picture of a helmet that's never seen game action before means, but ok

I'm saying that that new helmet is worse than diamond knee plates (which really aren't that bad).

calwhitehelmet.jpg

picture=1000 words

That's a concept helmet. Why don't you throw up that reversed Bengals helmet while you're at it.

---------------------------------------

We apologize, but the position of "Pac-12 troll" has been filled by Kevin W. We will keep your resume on file and wish you luck in your search for future employment.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It isn't a bad jersey at all, but it has no elements of design other than the wings and that silly font. I wouldn't expect a traditional pant stripe on there, but they could do something. This set still leaves something to be desired. Their helmet has sparkles on it yet the pants are ultra-matte. I know Nike has been pushing the "matte=kewl" thing for a few years, but giving that set some shiny pants would make it much better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

calwhitehelmet.jpg

picture=1000 words

That's a concept helmet. Why don't you throw up that reversed Bengals helmet while you're at it.

---------------------------------------

We apologize, but the position of "Pac-12 troll" has been filled by Kevin W. We will keep your resume on file and wish you luck in your search for future employment.

It's not a concept

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2011/3/7/2034595/cal-football-white-helmets-2011-road-game

Ehh...it's April. They can still choose to put it on a shelf next to Auburn's blue helmet.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It isn't a bad jersey at all, but it has no elements of design other than the wings and that silly font. I wouldn't expect a traditional pant stripe on there, but they could do something. This set still leaves something to be desired. Their helmet has sparkles on it yet the pants are ultra-matte. I know Nike has been pushing the "matte=kewl" thing for a few years, but giving that set some shiny pants would make it much better.

That's like saying "this jersey has no design elements except for its design elements".

That article says the helmet is a one time thing, and unless it's on the Pittsburgh Steelers, diamond plate is ridiculous

If there were no diamond plates on the uniform then yes. But they had them on the shoulders, so not really.

"Ghost flames" were also a one time thing. They were still horrible.

Archived