2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

At least the renders I posted were clear, and it wasn't just Boise State. Kevin posted a couple blurry camera shots and expected us to "ooh" and "aah" because it's Arizona.

No, you're just looking for a reason to pile on Kevin.

I don't recall anyone complaining when people used to actually look for a reason to pile on me.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:censored: . I thought you guys were to start to argue! That's what was making this forum interesting!
b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

:censored: . I thought you guys were to start to argue! That's what was making this forum interesting!

Do you post every thought that you have?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ok, I know it's not uniform-related, but there has been stadium talk in this thread already and I'm not going to start a new thread just for this.

Arizona just secured about $26M in donations towards the ~$73M needed for the expansion of Arizona Stadium.

8df44ecd.jpg

1af38353.jpg

1a888c00.jpg

5b82b167.jpg

That isn't newsworthy.

If that wasn't newsworthy, then neither were the posts about both Boise State's and TCU's stadium expansions several pages back.

Let's keep it even across the board.

I didn't bring either up. But TCU's is the only one of the bunch that is newsworthy. They have the money. They are paying cash and the rennovations are actually being done right now. Boise and Arizona aren't anywhere near funded. Saying you have 26 of 73 million needed (or whatever it was) isn't news.

Seeing as there's less space on these than the Pro Combat's I think putting the logo at the neck is fine. Especially once NC State, Kansas and other schools stick conference and bowl patches on their shirts. Any news that Big Ten is going that way?

Looks like Charlie Strong's effort to make Louisville look more like his old team in Gainesville is happening this year. I wish they would have maintained the consistency in striping on the jersey like Florida does however.

All Charlie Strong has done is turn this program around and get where it needs to go. These uni's are a MAJOR upgrade from the phlegm that Adidas has been sneezing out the last few years. And of course the striping looks a little off because they HAVE NO SLEEVES Lt. Dan!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Do you post every thought that you have?

Pretty much. Potato Salad.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I didn't bring either up. But TCU's is the only one of the bunch that is newsworthy. They have the money. They are paying cash and the rennovations are actually being done right now. Boise and Arizona aren't anywhere near funded. Saying you have 26 of 73 million needed (or whatever it was) isn't news.

My post wasn't about the money so much as those pictures are the first real look at what's planned for the expansion.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Kansas one's are different than the mock-ups they show on KU's website (absence of piping). Plus the "cut" of the TechFit uniforms appear different in this year's adidas catalog which made me think they were going to be slightly different than previous TechFit jerseys which are shown here. Wonder which is accurate?

is there one for tennessee?

Same as last years:

207870_10150573383420249_198271385248_18265297_7474383_n.jpg

215361_10150573383520249_198271385248_18265301_1561296_n.jpg

The orange on Tennessee's helmets haven't matched the jersey color in a long, long time. Still doesn't.

LSU pulls the same thing with the purple on their helmet vs. what's on their jerseys. They just don't match.

216838_10150582208845249_198271385248_18344467_7239734_n.jpg

Denard+Robinson+Michigan+Spring+Game+XGawMC64Eejl.jpg

I really like the dark chinstrap in comparison to the white ones they normally use.

I agree, the navy chinstrap looks good. I do wish they had kept shoulder numbers (since they obviously don't fit on the sleeve).

Aesthetically, I don't like the shrink-wrap jerseys. I think in TCU's new uniform reveal, they used the compression undershirt (or whatever you call it) with numbers on the sleeves. That helped the look of the uniform. Oregon State did that look best last year though with the stripes on the sleeves. Then there's no exposed armpit.

Oregon-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms4.jpg

Go Cougs.

The orange on Tennessee's helmets haven't matched the jersey color in a long, long time. Still doesn't.

LSU pulls the same thing with the purple on their helmet vs. what's on their jerseys. They just don't match.

The day they finally fix that will be the day I have an aneurysm of joy. Those are already great uniforms, they fix that, it'll be perfect.

I really like the dark chinstrap in comparison to the white ones they normally use.

I agree, the navy chinstrap looks good. I do wish they had kept shoulder numbers (since they obviously don't fit on the sleeve).

They did... for some reason it's not in the promo shot. Look at this photo from spring practice:

F790434.jpg

Aesthetically, I don't like the shrink-wrap jerseys. I think in TCU's new uniform reveal, they used the compression undershirt (or whatever you call it) with numbers on the sleeves. That helped the look of the uniform. Oregon State did that look best last year though with the stripes on the sleeves. Then there's no exposed armpit.

Oregon-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms4.jpg

TCU did not do that. They have numbers on cap sleeves and undershirts that match the cap sleeve color.

Oregon had numbers on the undershirt sleeves in the MNCG.

Adidas sucks at everything. Do you think their designers go to sleep at night with dreams of truncated stripes and no sleeves in their heads?

I'm so glad I support a Nike school.

Mariners | Sounders FC | Seahawks | Washington State

Archived