2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Villanova has already been voted into the Big East right? Montana decided to stay a 1-AA school i believe. I think Texas State and UTSA are still considering a jump up to the WAC or Mountain West

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villanova has already been voted into the Big East right? Montana decided to stay a 1-AA school i believe. I think Texas State and UTSA are still considering a jump up to the WAC or Mountain West

Villanova is in the Big East, just not in football. The Big East has asked them to prepare a plan to join the BE in football if they would like. Nova thought it was a done deal and they could start cashing the bigger check, but all the other members were horrified at Nova's plan (which has them playing in a small soccer stadium). Hopefully they won't join unless they want to take playing big boy football a bit more seriously.

Montana decided it wasn't smart $-wise to make the jump so they are staying. Nike made the same hat for them though, which was my point. Texas State and UTSA are headed to the WAC (in 2012 IIRC).

The Big East needs to realize that forcing a team to play in Lincoln Field when they kicked out the team that uses it now is not conducive to growing the brand. Villanova understands that for them, the smaller stadium works for now until they can get enough support to move to a bigger stadium. IS there a regulation on the minimum number of seats allowed in the Big East? I am kinda surprised they haven't asked Army and Navy to join up. Granted Army hasn't been a big time program in some time but that would pretty much give them complete control of New York for football and Navy gives them access to Maryland

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Big East needs to realize that forcing a team to play in Lincoln Field when they kicked out the team that uses it now is not conducive to growing the brand. Villanova understands that for them, the smaller stadium works for now until they can get enough support to move to a bigger stadium. IS there a regulation on the minimum number of seats allowed in the Big East? I am kinda surprised they haven't asked Army and Navy to join up. Granted Army hasn't been a big time program in some time but that would pretty much give them complete control of New York for football and Navy gives them access to Maryland

I don't think they have to play at Lincoln field, but playing in a soccer stadium that currently seats 18,500 is not acceptable. Period. Nobody is forcing them to join the BE in football, but if they do join it has to be to compete not just cash the bigger checks.

I really like how these hats are unique to each team instead of the standard [insert logo and team colors here] that's been going on everywhere for a while now. Some of my favorites are Iowa, Virginia Tech, and Ohio State. I won't be buying one though since Illinois has the generic block stripe because the hats don't feature a team's piping.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, the Big East is on par with the NHL with "Only in the goddamn ______" decision making, so of course they're trying to get Villanova to move up even though it's not that sound of a plan just yet instead of going after other schools actually in the northeast (granted I like the TCU move for football. Hoops and non-revenue? Ughhh).

Also, dumb question, wouldn't adding Army and Navy mean the Big East has to go "no scholarships, just grants"? I know the Patriot League does that and I'm not sure if that's to level the playing field with the service academies or not. (nvm, just looked it up and basically the Patriot League goes the Ivy League route in emphasizing academics over athletics in everything but basketball, nothing to do with the service academies)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I wish they had those hats in non-contrasting stripes and straight billed. I'd totally get one, they are really cool and a great idea. I wish Oregon had some sort of cool striping pattern though to go on those. Surprised they didn't do what TCU did and just have a rectangle filled with that square pattern we have.

Well, the Big East is on par with the NHL with "Only in the goddamn ______" decision making, so of course they're trying to get Villanova to move up even though it's not that sound of a plan just yet instead of going after other schools actually in the northeast (granted I like the TCU move for football. Hoops and non-revenue? Ughhh).

Also, dumb question, wouldn't adding Army and Navy mean the Big East has to go "no scholarships, just grants"? I know the Patriot League does that and I'm not sure if that's to level the playing field with the service academies or not. (nvm, just looked it up and basically the Patriot League goes the Ivy League route in emphasizing academics over athletics in everything but basketball, nothing to do with the service academies)

TCU's non-revenue sports and women's bball are just fine.

BTW, has anyone heard about a uniform for UTSA?

I think the only uniform aspect they've publicized is the helmet:

sports_coker_main.jpg

I'm sure this has been covered before, but it looks terrible that the bird is facing backwards and that it has a picture of a roadrunner and says "roadrunners"

My problem with the non-revenues is that TCU is nowhere near the rest of the Big East. Travel isn't a big deal for football, but once you start adding teams like volleyball, softball, and track into the mix, it's gonna be a headache. Though I suppose with DFW being a major airport hub, it could have been a lot worse. With hoops my gripe's that it's now 17 flippin' teams in the conference. I love the TCU move in football, so, umm, yeah no more DePaul please

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

My problem with the non-revenues is that TCU is nowhere near the rest of the Big East. Travel isn't a big deal for football, but once you start adding teams like volleyball, softball, and track into the mix, it's gonna be a headache. Though I suppose with DFW being a major airport hub, it could have been a lot worse. With hoops my gripe's that it's now 17 flippin' teams in the conference. I love the TCU move in football, so, umm, yeah no more DePaul please

Eh, the travel really isn't a big deal IMO. It's only 1 trip for each current BE team (or maybe every other year depending on the sport) and from TCU's perspective the travel isn't much farther than the MWC was. I think the unweildy number of basketball schools is a bigger issue than the extra travel.

I'd say when it's a crappy photo shop, it's on the designer and not the client. that Cincinnati jersey is the same one they rolled out at the end of last year,and a backwards number? Definitely not on the client

First of all Photoshop is not crappy, it's actually a nice little program. ^_^ Secondly, the mistake on the "11" on the right shoulder is the designer's fault (he should've looked at it before sending it off), his supervisor/team leader/art director's fault, and the client's fault for not catching this before it went public. Sure the designer made a mistake, but there needs to be other people looking at it, and if the client lets a mistake out it's their fault. The designer will always get blamed and take the blame, but the client needs to look things over before sending things out. If a client approves a mistake, then it's the client's fault and responsibility. You'll never say that to a client, but it's really the truth.

This is really kind of off topic, but I just watched the highlights of the Oregon Spring game. I know the jerseys were talked about a few pages ago, but I want to bring the topic back up. I love Belotti Bold (I know, I know), but damn those block numbers with the carbon fiber looked sharp. I think if Oregon switched to block it could make the traditionalists a little bit happier, while not taking away from the modern look.

FKQEVVNQXCNUSRD.20110501055827.jpg

That actually looks halfway decent :grin:

Are those gloves BLACK? i thought they were supposed to be gray?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This is really kind of off topic, but I just watched the highlights of the Oregon Spring game. I know the jerseys were talked about a few pages ago, but I want to bring the topic back up. I love Belotti Bold (I know, I know), but damn those block numbers with the carbon fiber looked sharp. I think if Oregon switched to block it could make the traditionalists a little bit happier, while not taking away from the modern look.

IIRC that rule changed this year

Correct, the rule changes in February. Meanwhile the Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association (SGMA) asked the rule to be put in place in 2012 to reduce their stock, it is still on the books for this season.

IIRC that rule changed this year

Correct, the rule changes in February. Meanwhile the Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association (SGMA) asked the rule to be put in place in 2012 to reduce their stock, it is still on the books for this season.

I'm sure for the spring game it's not a big deal either. I saw some players in other spring games wearing colored and black visors. I don't think they enforce uniform rules very strictly. I saw a clip of the Virginia spring game, and somebody was wearing an orange one. I know this is a DII one below of Weber State, but it's the only image I could find. He wore this in the spring game as well as in practice.

UBELLFSPHUDZKZJ.20110417030057.jpg

Archived