2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9579315-large.jpg

Kent State says that should they make a bowl game, the gold helmet in the case will be their bowl helmet

haha well good luck with that

yeah too bad Kent State has been irrelevant since the 70s haha

9579315-large.jpg

Kent State says that should they make a bowl game, the gold helmet in the case will be their bowl helmet

just like the rest of the MAC. It is FBS, right? :P

9579315-large.jpg

So... it'll never see the field.

Actually, with as half-assed as the university can be, I'm surprised they had enough foresight to even designate a bowl helmet. So maybe they really can turn things around, but I'm not holding my breath.

spacer.png

9579315-large.jpg

just like the rest of the MAC. It is FBS, right? :P

For football yes basically one ranked team every few years, but other sports are a different story

9579315-large.jpg

Actually, with as half-assed as the university can be, I'm surprised they had enough foresight to even designate a bowl helmet. So maybe they really can turn things around, but I'm not holding my breath.

Kent State has put effort into their football team. For whatever reason though we've just been awful. A few times they've been close and then they have that quicksand game.

9579315-large.jpg

Same can be said for Akron too. I'd be happy to see both teams fighting for the MAC title. Akron had like one good year and has been in the same boat as Kent every other year.

As for Kent, it's sad that the school has not gone out of their way to take care of their teams. I had been in the athletics department several times and it was something my school could only dream of having. To see that Hazell came into offices that had holes in the wall and furniture students wouldn't want is a sad sight. And to find that Martin didn't even try to recruit locally? No wonder Kent has been at the bottom.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9579315-large.jpg

The idea is all Hazell's, not the school's. Hazell is trying to get the players to buy into his system and wanted a tangible thing to show them what they are playing for. He even built the cabinet that the helmet is sitting in. He dug it up while inspecting the athletic department areas and finding a yellow lid that was never used by another regime but was supposed to be a prototype. He had the helmet repainted and slapped the current logos on it. It was actually part of his pitch for incoming students who asked about it. Seeing as half the staff is from Ohio State or the local area and none of the old coaches were kept I hope Kent starts doing better soon. But tehy play ALabama and Kansas State in teh first three weeks of the season so we'll see how they react after those games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9579315-large.jpg

Kent State has put effort into their football team. For whatever reason though we've just been awful. A few times they've been close and then they have that quicksand game.

LOL @ DIX "Stadium"

9579315-large.jpg

...and Akron hasn't? I mean, you guys lost to Youngstown State the last time you played us.

(BTW, at least Kent's got an Elite Eight in the last 10 years. Something that got a lot more coverage and attention than you guys' soccer title. But you both suck. Go Penguins.)

6fQjS3M.png

9579315-large.jpg

...and Akron hasn't? I mean, you guys lost to Youngstown State the last time you played us.

(BTW, at least Kent's got an Elite Eight in the last 10 years. Something that got a lot more coverage and attention than you guys' soccer title. But you both suck. Go Penguins.)

As pointless as a MAC argument is, don't add to it by bringing up Youngstown. They aren't even FBS and not a rival of either school, maybe at one point but not anymore. Boils down to jealousy...

9579315-large.jpg

LOL @ DIX "Stadium"

Laughs the guy who's team just left the Rubber Bowl! ;)

Archived