2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Kent State has put effort into their football team. For whatever reason though we've just been awful. A few times they've been close and then they have that quicksand game.

While the football team has had their problems, I was talking more about the university in general. Some of the crap I saw when I was there was just sad. I mean, when you over-enroll and several hundred students have to live in the lobbies and common rooms of the dorms (make-shift hostel style) for 2 semesters, you have a problem.

The idea is all Hazell's, not the school's. Hazell is trying to get the players to buy into his system and wanted a tangible thing to show them what they are playing for. He even built the cabinet that the helmet is sitting in. He dug it up while inspecting the athletic department areas and finding a yellow lid that was never used by another regime but was supposed to be a prototype. He had the helmet repainted and slapped the current logos on it. It was actually part of his pitch for incoming students who asked about it. Seeing as half the staff is from Ohio State or the local area and none of the old coaches were kept I hope Kent starts doing better soon. But tehy play ALabama and Kansas State in teh first three weeks of the season so we'll see how they react after those games.

He does seem like he could give the program the kick in the pants that it needs.

spacer.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are we now going to have MAC fans bitching at each other?

Are there any Sun Belt fans who want to have a silly argument? I'm feeling left out.

Well why not? The have nots have some pretty heated and spirited rivalries too! Kent State currently holds one of the larger rivalry trophies in the Wagon Wheel and it's usually a pretty good game. Unfortunately it doesn't have a set pattern in the schedules like Ohio State - Michigan being he last game of the season.

Surely this has been posted here and I just missed it:

5716123110_d799b674bf_o.png

Not going to lie, that actually looks pretty cool. They should've used this a long time ago instead of the horrible Red helmet black jersey combo.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not going to lie, that actually looks pretty cool. They should've used this a long time ago instead of the horrible Red helmet black jersey combo.

Agree that it looks much better than the way they tried before, but IMO it is still pretty stupid considering their mascot.

Agree that it looks much better than the way they tried before, but IMO it is still pretty stupid considering their mascot.

I'm pretty sure you meant "nickname" by that--but either way, your point still stands, and I agree with it.

Rutgers, Texas Tech...y'all are the Scarlet Knights and the Red Raiders. One-off or not, what's up with all the emphasis on black? (Especially true for TT.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'll be a Sun Belt fan when my Kennesaw State Owls enter the conference in 2016...(wild shot in the dark guess)

We can argue then.

Owls are stupid and you're stupid for liking them. Go stAte!

So are we now going to have MAC fans bitching at each other?

Are there any Sun Belt fans who want to have a silly argument? I'm feeling left out.

Well why not? The have nots have some pretty heated and spirited rivalries too! Kent State currently holds one of the larger rivalry trophies in the Wagon Wheel and it's usually a pretty good game. Unfortunately it doesn't have a set pattern in the schedules like Ohio State - Michigan being he last game of the season.

I mean, I like talking smack with Sun Belt fans plenty. It's just boring/annoying when it's cluttering up this thread, just the same as when the Pac-12 fans were doing it.

I'm pretty sure you meant "nickname" by that--but either way, your point still stands, and I agree with it.

Rutgers, Texas Tech...y'all are the Scarlet Knights and the Red Raiders. One-off or not, what's up with all the emphasis on black? (Especially true for TT.)

Personally, as long as they can pull it off, I don't mind a team going for all black/white. They are neutral "colors" ( or more or less all of the colors combined/the absence of color). I think this looks nice. Some schools can pull it off. others can't (aka, Tenn, Mizzou w/ gunmetal black helmets, and Utah, Washington, FSU all white concept, Florida, KU, Texas).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Must.. avoid.. making.. Rutgers.. jokes.. :P

In all seriousness, though, even though it's BFBS (granted black is a secondary color of Rutgers.. and seemingly every school in New Jersey. I mean, doesn't Seton Hall have black alternates for hoops?), it looks sharp. The flat black helmet looks really cool and the look as a whole doesn't seemed forced.

Oh well....Rutgers is a soccer school anyways. ha

Monmouth's better :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

9579315-large.jpg

Kent State says that should they make a bowl game, the gold helmet in the case will be their bowl helmet

haha well good luck with that

yeah too bad Kent State has been irrelevant since the 70s haha

...and Akron hasn't? I mean, you guys lost to Youngstown State the last time you played us.

(BTW, at least Kent's got an Elite Eight in the last 10 years. Something that got a lot more coverage and attention than you guys' soccer title. But you both suck. Go Penguins.)

As pointless as a MAC argument is, don't add to it by bringing up Youngstown. They aren't even FBS and not a rival of either school, maybe at one point but not anymore. Boils down to jealousy...

Actually Youngstown and Kent are rivals. It was really big when YSU was winning Div 1-AA championships and Kent wasn't even a factor in the MAC. But Akron is their main rival. I just don't understand why the MAC hasn't allowed for these two to play the last week of the season like the other conferences try to do. I think the only ones that actually have it permanently set up in Central and Western Michigan

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

No doubt. The red helmet looked horrible with their alternate black uni. I'm 100% for unique looks such as throwing in a black or gray uni if it looks good. I always wished the Arizona Cardinals could've had a black helmet to go along with their alternate black uni, but that's against the current NFL uniform rules.....lame.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Personally, as long as they can pull it off, I don't mind a team going for all black/white. They are neutral "colors" ( or more or less all of the colors combined/the absence of color). I think this looks nice. Some schools can pull it off. others can't (aka, Tenn, Mizzou w/ gunmetal black helmets, and Utah, Washington, FSU all white concept, Florida, KU, Texas).

Black isn't neutral and they aren't using it as a neutral color. They are wearing black instead of their school color, red; which isn't the same at all as wearing it as a neutral base color (like white).

I'm 100% for unique looks such as throwing in a black or gray uni if it looks good.]

Having a black uniform stopped being unique about 6 years ago.

ANY color that isn't in their normal school colors is unique.

And pointless. There's no point to having school colors if they're going to throw just anything into the mix because they can.

Black is a school color, but should be just limited to trim. Scarlet Knights.

You've made your point over and over again. Black is good for everyone. Anything military related is awesome. Yada Yada Yada.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I still don't get Nike's new obsession with matte helmets.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm 100% for unique looks such as throwing in a black or gray uni if it looks good.]

Having a black uniform stopped being unique about 6 years ago.

ANY color that isn't in their normal school colors is unique.

And pointless. There's no point to having school colors if they're going to throw just anything into the mix because they can.

Black is a school color, but should be just limited to trim. Scarlet Knights.

You've made your point over and over again. Black is good for everyone. Anything military related is awesome. Yada Yada Yada.

No need to be an @ss, slapshot. Who peed in your Wheaties today? School's traditional colors are important to the history of the school and their tradition. I don't like it when a non-school color becomes a primary uniform, but it's fun and different when used as an alternate....something different to break the norm. Again, no need to be an @ss.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Black isn't neutral and they aren't using it as a neutral color. They are wearing black instead of their school color, red; which isn't the same at all as wearing it as a neutral base color (like white).

Black, grey and white are the neutral colors. Look it up. All in all, I don't care what a team wears as long as it looks good.

I still don't get Nike's new obsession with matte helmets.

its more to do with their clients. Nike provides their clients what they want, or at least the client has to sign off on it.

i dont see why people think a school like Rutgers MUST use red as their primary color just because they're the Scarlet Knights. theres red in the uniform, thats enough. theres no need to be SO literal all the time. i dig the all black look well enough, but we're seeing schools just copy each other now. will they at least go with red pants?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived