2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Their uniforms are generic.

No, they're not.

Because...

Ohio State's sleeve stripes are specific to them. I know of no other team that has that same stripe pattern, do you? Generic means plain and unoriginal but in uniform terms means a template that a lot of others are using, like the Bronco cut and Missouri uniform

Yes.

Texas, Florida, The Pittsburg Steelers, BYU, Iowa, SMU to name a few. Texas actually copys it verbatim. There is almost nothing unique about the Ohio State uniform.

It's almost like you are trying to be wrong.

But I'm not wrong. These are either exactly the same or very similar to tOSU.

You are a complete moron.

I corrected myself. Seriously, what is so sacred about OSU's uniforms? I say i don't like OSU's uniforms and all of a sudden it's like I just insulted Islam.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State's uniforms aren't perfect, IMO. Firstly, they need to ditch the kindergarten-esque pride stickers once and for all. I know it's a tradition but it looks hideous and immature. Time to accept that they're a product of a different era and finally put a logo on the damn helmet.

Secondly, they need to bring back the old thick striping:

pace96.jpg348175_display_image.jpg

Thirdly, they need to start using the numbers from this uniform:

Ohio-State-Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms-4.jpg

...minus the drop shadows. Then, the Buckeyes would look perfect.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Fourth, they need to remove black and grey since those are too modern

Fifth, sprinkle some boring dust on the uniforms

Then they'd be perfect

So you've just resorted to pigeon-holing the other side of the argument. I take it you've given up on meaningful discussion?

I corrected myself. Seriously, what is so sacred about OSU's uniforms? I say i don't like OSU's uniforms and all of a sudden it's like I just insulted Islam.

People on this board who talk about logos and uniforms on a daily basis don't exactly care for some newbie coming in and spouting off like he's the Einstein of uniforms about one of football's all-time classics.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Fourth, they need to remove black and grey since those are too modern

Fifth, sprinkle some boring dust on the uniforms

Then they'd be perfect

First point, valid. Second point, unnecessary and a bit childish.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

People on this board who talk about logos and uniforms on a daily basis don't exactly care for some newbie coming in and spouting off like he's the Einstein of uniforms about one of football's all-time classics.

I am of the opinion that nothing is sacred. And are you sure that you weren't talking about yourself rather than "people on this board".

No, they're not.

Because...

Ohio State's sleeve stripes are specific to them. I know of no other team that has that same stripe pattern, do you? Generic means plain and unoriginal but in uniform terms means a template that a lot of others are using, like the Bronco cut and Missouri uniform

Yes.

Texas, Florida, The Pittsburg Steelers, BYU, Iowa, SMU to name a few. Texas actually copys it verbatim. There is almost nothing unique about the Ohio State uniform.

See my edited post. Aside from them all being stripes, they aren't even close.

Saw edited post, and I stand corrected. That being said, their uniforms lack personality.

If it took you until the edited post to realize that you were wrong, then your opinions aren't going to be taken very seriously.

I am of the opinion that nothing is sacred.

Wrong.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

No, they're not.

Because...

Yes.

See my edited post. Aside from them all being stripes, they aren't even close.

Saw edited post, and I stand corrected. That being said, their uniforms lack personality.

If it took you until the edited post to realize that you were wrong, then your opinions aren't going to be taken very seriously.

I looked again, and except for SMU, I was right. They do all have similar striping.

Firstly, they need to ditch the kindergarten-esque pride stickers once and for all. I know it's a tradition but it looks hideous and immature.

Secondly, they need to bring back the old thick striping:

They should never take those stickers off. By your estimation I guess that means everyone should take off pride stickers. I'm sure Florida State, Stanford and others would look out of place playing a game in November with no pride stickers slapped on them. Those buckeye leaves are our tradition and we take immense pride in them.

I'd like to agree with you on the thicker stripes but I'd love Nike to figure out how to put those big shoulder numbers back on our jerseys first. I was originally against the stripe change but after a few years I adjusted to them. I guess because that was the same stripe set they wore when I was just getting into football.

Though I like the numbers on the Pro Combat's from last year, I'd rather stick with the current number set. I also wish that the rest of the Ohio State teams should match up with those numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Dude, you're being just as stubborn as he is, but in a more mean-spirited way.

That doesn't change the fact that I'm right and he's wrong. Stubbornness in defense of a just cause is justified.

They should never take those stickers off. By your estimation I guess that means everyone should take off pride stickers.

Yes, they should. Pride stickers need to be left in the realm of elementary school time tests and spelling quizzes, IMO.

Well we'll agree to disagree on this one

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Kevin W., I'm gonna put this bluntly: You're being an a-hole. Have I been stubborn and persistent in my opinion? Yes. Have I ever said i'm right and you're wrong on some issues? Yes. But when someone voices their opinion saying "I like Ohio States uniforms" I never said they were wrong. Truth be told, there is no such thing as a good or bad uniform. It's all in the eye of the beholder. But I suppose that's wrong too isn't it?

They should never take those stickers off. By your estimation I guess that means everyone should take off pride stickers.

Yes, they should. Pride stickers need to be left in the realm of elementary school time tests and spelling quizzes, IMO.

ohio-state-university-football-2009-season-ohio-state-helmet-o-f-2009-00149md.jpg

tOSU will NEVER stop using those. They are one of the greatest traditions in all of NCAA football.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

ohio-state-university-football-2009-season-ohio-state-helmet-o-f-2009-00149md.jpg

tOSU will NEVER stop using those. They are one of the greatest traditions in all of NCAA football.

I may not like the uniforms, but I agree, the prides stickers look great.

Archived