2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

On another note, isn't it a tad bit sad that you have to point out the sleeve stripes in order to find something unique about a uniform?

Unique: limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area.

Ohio State is one of the few teams in college football that does not have a logo or name on their helmets. How that isn't unique is beyond me.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, isn't it a tad bit sad that you have to point out the sleeve stripes in order to find something unique about a uniform?

This makes zero sense. Stripes are part of a team's uniform. No different than a team having fairy wings on their uniform shoulders. No difference. They are BOTH part of a team's uniform and if nobody else shares the same pattern...then it's unique.

So according to you, the Packers, Bears, Redskins, Browns, Steelers, Bills, 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Colts, Jets, Giants, and Chiefs are all "a tad bit sad" and "generic" to you too. How do all of these fans deal with having such "sad" uniforms....oh noooo!!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

from TCU's AD today: "We've engaged Nike to do an overall branding of our product. We expect to have it unveiled in time for the 2012 season."

I'm concerned that Arizona has something like that planned since our AD toured the Nike facilities last year. If we start wearing black uniforms, I'm going to puke.

With the white helmets, I think they could pull off black. That doesn't mean they should however.

Absolutely not. Arizona should NEVER wear anything other than cardinal and navy. The road grays worn by baseball and softball are the lone exception.

Why? because it's "not arizona"?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Ohio State is one of the few teams in college football that does not have a logo or name on their helmets. How that isn't unique is beyond me.

Wrong. There are many teams that have no logo or name or number.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Please make a list. Only FBS schools that I can think of that have no logo or number or name are Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Boston College, Notre Dame, Navy, and Army (and a minor case could be made for Colorado State, but I consider ram horns to be logo-related).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This makes zero sense. Stripes are part of a team's uniform. No different than a team having fairly wings on their uniform shoulders. No difference. They are BOTH part of a team's uniform and if nobody else shares the same pattern...then it's unique.

So according to you, the Packers, Bears, Redskins, Browns, Steelers, Bills, 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Colts, Jets, Giants, and Chiefs are all "a tad bit sad" and "generic" to you too. How do all of these fans deal with having such "sad" uniforms....oh noooo!!!

All of those uniforms have some kind of defining feature except the Browns, whose uniforms are terrible. Ohio State has no defining feature except its plainness, which is not a feature.

Ohio State is one of the few teams in college football c

Whatever. You're still using "unique" incorrectly. I could argue that since they're all based on the same template; helmet, facemask, jersey, pads, pants, shoes, socks, etc. that there isn't a "unique" uniform in all of football. What you're trying to say is there is nothing about Ohio State's uniform that stands out.

BB52Big.jpg

I only pointed them out because you mentioned them. The buckeye leaves and stripes are all linked to Ohio State

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Whatever. You're still using "unique" incorrectly. I could argue that since they're all based on the same template; helmet, facemask, jersey, pads, pants, shoes, socks, etc. that there isn't a "unique" uniform in all of football. What you're trying to say is there is nothing about Ohio State's uniform that stands out.

Yes.

This makes zero sense. Stripes are part of a team's uniform. No different than a team having fairly wings on their uniform shoulders. No difference. They are BOTH part of a team's uniform and if nobody else shares the same pattern...then it's unique.

All of those uniforms have some kind of defining feature except the Browns, whose uniforms are terrible. Ohio State has no defining feature except its plainness, which is not a feature.

Browns are the ONLY team in the NFL to have a logo-less helmet. That's extremely "defining". tOSU's entire uniform plus the Buckeye helmet stickers make them very unique.

So are you telling me that when PSU, tOSU, Navy, Army, Notre Dame, LSU, and etc are playing you do not know who they are? Wow

You have yet to make a single valid point to support what you are saying.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Wrong again. Soccer players don't use helmets.

Why are the Browns uniforms ugly? Because there's no logo on the helmet? True it sets them apart but they are far from ugly. I'm sure you like the newer uniforms that have been rolled out lately, but for a team like the Browns the uniform is the only billboard it actually has and I think they pull it off pretty well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

UMMMMM . . . OK? :therock: :therock: Where'd that one come from?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Why are the Browns uniforms ugly? Because there's no logo on the helmet? True it sets them apart but they are far from ugly. I'm sure you like the newer uniforms that have been rolled out lately, but for a team like the Browns the uniform is the only billboard it actually has and I think they pull it off pretty well.

No, because if I liked all of the new uniforms, I would have to like the Maryland atrocities. to put it plainly, I don't like plain uniforms. I like uniforms which have flair, but don't hurt my eyes.

UMMMMM . . . OK? :therock: :therock: Where'd that one come from?

It was a lame pun... sorry.

No, because if I liked all of the new uniforms, I would have to like the Maryland atrocities. to put it plainly, I don't like plain uniforms. I like uniforms which have flair, but don't hurt my eyes.

^ That's all you had to say in the first place. The teams you dislike are NOT generic or boring, they just don't have the "flair" (insert 'Office Space' quote here) that you prefer. Almost all NCAAF and and ALL of the NFL teams are completely unique to their colors/uniforms and are instantly recognized.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

^ That's all you had to say in the first place. The teams you dislike are NOT generic or boring, they just don't have the "flair" (insert 'Office Space' quote here) that you prefer. Almost all NCAAF and and ALL of the NFL teams are completely unique to their colors/uniforms and are instantly recognized.

Almost. you see, for me, there is a scale. :sleeping: meaning boring :D meaning moderate :shocked: meaning WTF is this insanity. I like uniforms in between :D and :shocked:

Their uniforms are generic.

No, they're not.

Because...

Ohio State's sleeve stripes are specific to them. I know of no other team that has that same stripe pattern, do you? Generic means plain and unoriginal but in uniform terms means a template that a lot of others are using, like the Bronco cut and Missouri uniform

Yes.

Texas, Florida, The Pittsburg Steelers, BYU, Iowa, SMU to name a few. Texas actually copys it verbatim. There is almost nothing unique about the Ohio State uniform.

It's almost like you are trying to be wrong. You are obviously thinking of the old stripes which tOSU hasn't worn in years. And NONE of those are the same (save for the Steelers and Iowa)

r-OHIO-STATE-FOOTBALL-SUSPENSIONS-large570.jpg

TEXAS-FOOTBALL.jpg

dm_100719_ncf_forde_pouncey_florida.jpg

Team-Pittsburgh-Steelers.jpg

heaps_new_mexico_byu_football.jpg

iowa-football-web1.jpg

2985784704_6c532cc74f.jpg

How would Maryland's new uniforms hurt the eyes more than Oregons?

which Oregon uniform?

Archived