2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

The Tech jersey looks like a rip off of Russell athletics jerseys to me.

That right there has got to be the ultimate insult. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a downgrade for Texas Tech. Under Armour may have jumped the shark on football uniforms.

Just following Nike's lead.

Except Nike does it right and their jerseys sell. Under Armour now has 2 epic fails with Maryland and Texas Tech.

Maryland actually looks really good IMO, almost Nike-ish. Texas Tech, however, is just as bad as the overpiped, uninspired crap that the likes of Russell and New Balance come up with for schools.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There was a story on the Uni Watch Blog today that USC will wear alternate uniforms against UCLA this year. The article says there are rumors they will wear cardinal jerseys and pants and black helmets. http://www.lostlettermen.com/usc-trojans-alternative-uniforms/

It was posted in this thread yesterday: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78083&view=findpost&p=1540521

The look sounds awful. Hopefully it was just another bad rumor (like the black USC jersey rumor that seems to start up about this time every year. I know USC declined to participate in the pro combat program, but that was before Kiffin was the HC.

There was a story on the Uni Watch Blog today that USC will wear alternate uniforms against UCLA this year. The article says there are rumors they will wear cardinal jerseys and pants and black helmets. http://www.lostlettermen.com/usc-trojans-alternative-uniforms/

Thanks, USC, for ruining one of the best-looking games in all of college football.

EDIT: Appears the rumor of black helmets, cardinal-on-cardinal uniform is not real. A member of Operation Sports created the uniform (on Teambuilder, no less), posted on a USC board, and it generated too much buzz like a lot of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks, USC, for ruining one of the best-looking games in all of college football.

EDIT: Appears the rumor of black helmets, cardinal-on-cardinal uniform is not real. A member of Operation Sports created the uniform (on Teambuilder, no less), posted on a USC board, and it generated too much buzz like a lot of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms.

shocker

I like Maryland's new look. Don't like Tech's. It's horrible IMO. I'm thinking Utah isn't changing at least not to the crap that's been posted.UA has some hit and misses like everyone else. ASU is noth IMO and Wazzu is mostly a hit except for the two tone grey on grey. grey top and red would look good IMO. Hopefully the NIKE Pro Combat unis are as good as last year. The first year where not bad IMO but mostly meh because it was mostly all white and then all color so sI guess it's carbon this year which would be crap IMO. Of course with the 10th anniversary of 9/11, we might have a bunch of red white and blue designs.

smh. they even put a "fight for the scarlet and black" at the bottom. at least when nike puts it on the collar its not just randomly thrown somewhere

Considering those are replicas (the UA logo is even a different color from the picture of the uniform on the player) I'm not too worried about it. I'm also not too worried about it since they're using dark numbers on dark jerseys (which seems to be a thing now) and terrible swooshy striping things.

Archived