2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now with the new jerseys, I'm wondering if Texas Tech will make a change to their helmets? I know someone floated around pictures of a white Tech helmet sometime ago, but I think they said those were only used for spring practice or something.

Now with the new jerseys, I'm wondering if Texas Tech will make a change to their helmets? I know someone floated around pictures of a white Tech helmet sometime ago, but I think they said those were only used for spring practice or something.

Nah those were real

white1.wtp.ka-thumb-250x375-92285.jpg

What a downgrade for Texas Tech. Under Armour may have jumped the shark on football uniforms.

Just following Nike's lead.

Except Nike does it right and their jerseys sell. Under Armour now has 2 epic fails with Maryland and Texas Tech.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Nah those were real

white1.wtp.ka-thumb-250x375-92285.jpg

Now that looks nice. I hope they use that jersey sometime.

What a downgrade for Texas Tech. Under Armour may have jumped the shark on football uniforms.

Except Nike does it right and their jerseys sell. Under Armour now has 2 epic fails with Maryland and Texas Tech.

Nike doesn't "do it right" any more than other companies. Nike just has 90% of the marketplace so percentages dictate people are more likely to buy their jerseys.

When Nike adds black and extraneous piping, the fanboys go wild. When UnderArmour or adidas follow, it's nothing but hate.

Nike has done great work with many of its teams. I like the new Washington State look, except for the double-gray set. Ohio State, LSU, most of the classics are done well. But then you have monstrosities like Oregon, Oregon State, Miami, etc, that "push" the envelope and force competing companies to follow suit with out-of-the-box styles. And they also template their styles, just like everyone criticizes adidas for doing.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I disagree. When UA releases Maryland's I think theyt'll sell just fine and are unique which will move more product. The Tech jersey looks like a rip off of Russell athletics jerseys to me.

Don't you think the school has some sort of veto authority over what the uniform looks like? UA does Auburn's uniforms and they still look good, classic, traditional, etc.

Of course they do, but when a fan's school trots out some heinous creation, most fans would much rather blame the mfg than the school.

Archived