2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Their uniforms are generic.

No, they're not.

Because...

Ohio State's sleeve stripes are specific to them. I know of no other team that has that same stripe pattern, do you? Generic means plain and unoriginal but in uniform terms means a template that a lot of others are using, like the Bronco cut and Missouri uniform

Yes.

Texas, Florida, The Pittsburg Steelers, BYU, Iowa, SMU to name a few. Texas actually copys it verbatim. There is almost nothing unique about the Ohio State uniform.

It's almost like you are trying to be wrong.

But I'm not wrong. These are either exactly the same or very similar to tOSU.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they're not.

Because...

Ohio State's sleeve stripes are specific to them. I know of no other team that has that same stripe pattern, do you? Generic means plain and unoriginal but in uniform terms means a template that a lot of others are using, like the Bronco cut and Missouri uniform

Yes.

Texas, Florida, The Pittsburg Steelers, BYU, Iowa, SMU to name a few. Texas actually copys it verbatim. There is almost nothing unique about the Ohio State uniform.

See my edited post. Aside from them all being stripes, they aren't even close.

No, they're not.

Because...

Yes.

Saw edited post, and I stand corrected. That being said, their uniforms lack personality.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

So...who else is in favor of a forum-wide quota system for Oregonian posters?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No, they're not.

Because...

Yes.

Saw edited post, and I stand corrected. That being said, their uniforms lack personality.

I'm glad you finally figured that one out. Texas? The only one you can say they're "verbatim" to and not look like an idiot is Nebraska

The kind of "personality" you look for is bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Being a fan I guess I'm biased, but Ohio State's Unis are almost perfect. "Personality" is a term that falls under how a person is using it. They have consistency throughout, from helmet to pants. We don't need to be Oregon with "Personality".

from TCU's AD today: "We've engaged Nike to do an overall branding of our product. We expect to have it unveiled in time for the 2012 season."

I'm concerned that Arizona has something like that planned since our AD toured the Nike facilities last year. If we start wearing black uniforms, I'm going to puke.

With the white helmets, I think they could pull off black. That doesn't mean they should however.

Absolutely not. Arizona should NEVER wear anything other than cardinal and navy. The road grays worn by baseball and softball are the lone exception.

WHY gray is not a school color? I don't get all these stupid teams do GFGS!

That being said, their uniforms lack personality.

huh?

They're plain. I don't like plain uniforms.

My opinion holds more merit because my team has a boring uniform!

Your opinion holds no merit because your team pushes the envelopes of traditional!

^ Thread in a nutshell

from TCU's AD today: "We've engaged Nike to do an overall branding of our product. We expect to have it unveiled in time for the 2012 season."

I'm concerned that Arizona has something like that planned since our AD toured the Nike facilities last year. If we start wearing black uniforms, I'm going to puke.

With the white helmets, I think they could pull off black. That doesn't mean they should however.

Absolutely not. Arizona should NEVER wear anything other than cardinal and navy. The road grays worn by baseball and softball are the lone exception.

WHY gray is not a school color? I don't get all these stupid teams do GFGS!

In baseball or softball, gray is accepted across the board as the right thing to wear for away uniforms. But for other sports, no need for it. Do we really want a redo of the Indians all red uniforms? I for one say, HELL NO!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Your opinion holds no merit because your team pushes the envelopes of traditional!

^ Thread in a nutshell

I'd say it's more:

I'm 18 or younger, I like change, and you're crazy if you like boring uniforms. The new stuff is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!0!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!4!!!!!!!1

or

I'm not retarded. I know most traditional uniforms are better than some of the crap that's out there today.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No, they're not.

Because...

Yes.

You are a complete moron.

I can't believe we're having basically another Oregon argument. Seriously, guys?

It's barely an Oregon argument. It just so happens to involve an Oregon fan whose eyes don't seem to be working.

^ Thread in a nutshell

add...his team hates your team because they played in a national championship and his sucks

add...he hates the color black

add...he is boring

Being a fan I guess I'm biased, but Ohio State's Unis are almost perfect. "Personality" is a term that falls under how a person is using it. They have consistency throughout, from helmet to pants. We don't need to be Oregon with "Personality".

Absolutely. I hate Ohio State with every fiber of my being but their uniforms are definitely perfect.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived