Infrared41's Who Am I?

infrared41

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manny Fernandez

1. Many people believe he should have been at least a co-MVP with Jake Scott in Super Bowl VII. The winner then got a car and Scott got the car.

2. He was one of the first nose tackles in the league as the Dolphins then were one of the first 3-4 teams.

3. He was a member of the Dolphins in 72 and 73

4. He was a member of Pro Football Weekly's 2001 All-Super Bowl team, and USA Today's 2006 ASB Team.

Manny Fernandez

1. Many people believe he should have been at least a co-MVP with Jake Scott in Super Bowl VII. The winner then got a car and Scott got the car.

2. He was one of the first nose tackles in the league as the Dolphins then were one of the first 3-4 teams.

4. He was a member of Pro Football Weekly's 2001 All-Super Bowl team, and USA Today's 2006 ASB Team.

Jkrdevil for the the win. Manny Fernandez is who we were looking for. Since he pretty much covered it with his answers so I'll just add a couple things to them.

1. The late Dick Schaap picked the Super Bowl MVP for Sport Magazine. This is from Wikipedia: "The MVP was selected by Dick Schaap, the editor of SPORT magazine. Schaap admitted later that he had been out late the previous night, struggled to watch the defense-dominated game, and was not aware that Fernandez had 17 tackles. Fernandez also recorded a sack against the Washington Redskins' QB Billy Kilmer."

2. As most of us old guys around here probably already know, the 3-4 defense the Dolphins played back then was known to us as the famed "53" defense.

nfl_g_fernandez_300.jpgno_name_d_920_medium.jpg

A little "history lesson" for the youngsters. This is the now defunct Sport Magazine that was referred to. Fernandez is on the right. That's HOF O-Lineman Larry Little on the left.

1974jan.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Manny Fernandez

Jkrdevil for the the win. Manny Fernandez is who we were looking for. Since he pretty much covered it with his answers so I'll just add a couple things to them.

1. The late Dick Schaap picked the Super Bowl MVP for Sport Magazine. This is from Wikipedia: "The MVP was selected by Dick Schaap, the editor of SPORT magazine. Schaap admitted later that he had been out late the previous night, struggled to watch the defense-dominated game, and was not aware that Fernandez had 17 tackles. Fernandez also recorded a sack against the Washington Redskins' QB Billy Kilmer."

2. As most of us old guys around here probably already know, the 3-4 defense the Dolphins played back then was known to us as the famed "53" defense.

A little "history lesson" for the youngsters. This is the now defunct Sport Magazine that was referred to. Fernandez is on the right. That's HOF O-Lineman Larry Little on the left.

1974jan.jpg

I LOVE those jerseys.

1974jan.jpg

I LOVE those jerseys.

Same here. Those jerseys are by far and away the best the Dolphins have ever had.

BB52Big.jpg

1. I have two Super Bowl rings.

2. I played with QBs who may would argue were three of the greatest QBs ever.

3. I'm not a hall of famer but I was surrounded by them.

4. I played for three teams in my career. I played in at least one Super Bowl with each one of them.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

1. I have two Super Bowl rings.

2. I played with QBs who may would argue were three of the greatest QBs ever.

3. I'm not a hall of famer but I was surrounded by them.

4. I played for three teams in my career. I played in at least one Super Bowl with each one of them.

Who am I?

Imma take one more stab at this trivia game...I think I know who this is.

Preston Pearson.

I know he's one of the few players to have played for both the Seeelers and Cowboys (so there's two Super Bowl wins), and if I remember right, he started in Baltimore when the Colts were still there, so that'd be (re: clue #2) Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw (for whatever reason), and Roger Satubach.

I don't care to google this answer...yay/nay?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Preston Pearson.

I know he's one of the few players to have played for both the Seeelers and Cowboys (so there's two Super Bowl wins), and if I remember right, he started in Baltimore when the Colts were still there, so that'd be (re: clue #2) Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw (for whatever reason), and Roger Satubach.

I don't care to google this answer...yay/nay?

It's a yay. Preston Pearson is who we're looking for.

Pearson got a Super Bowl ring with the '74 Steelers and the '77 Cowboys. He played with Unitas, Bradshaw, and Staubach. The three of them are considered to be among the greatest QBs of all-time. "Surrounded" by hall of famers is a nod to Pearson not only playing in the same backfield with the aforementioned QBs, he also played alongside Lenny Moore, Franco Harris, and Tony Dorsett. And of course he played in Super Bowls with and against a bunch of HOF players for the Colts, Steelers, and Cowboys. His Super Bowl appearances were with Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Dallas who have a combined total of 20 Super Bowl appearances.

d59e4bde-2075-4540-b9d8-4f88870aa214.jpgp-53760-preston-pearson-dallas-cowboys-8x10-photo-hf-9255.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Haha...maybe I CAN do some old-school trivia after all. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1. Luckily for the folks here at CCSLC, my taste in shoes never caught on.

2. I played in four Super Bowls.

3. I share a nickname with another guy who played in multiple Super Bowls.

4. In reference two question #2; The other guy had some pretty remarkable luck off the field.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

1. I played my entire career with the same team. I played in one Super Bowl with them.

2. At the time of my retirement I was the all-time team leader in two defensive categories.

3. I am currently position coach for the NFL team I played for. The position I coach is not the position I played.

4. I am a member of an NFL "all decade team."

5. I'm known for playing defense and I played defense in college but I also set a few team records on offense while I was in college.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Archived