Infrared41's Who Am I?

infrared41

I think I know the team it must be (thanks to your last clue)...Clue #3 mentions nickname, and I have last name...so I doubt this is correct, but, Grady Alderman?

Edit: A better guess is Chuck Foreman. (though the nickname thing is throwing me)

It is a better guess. Chuck Foreman is who we're looking for.

Played in three Super Bowls with the Vikings. Lost the single season touchdown record and rushing title within 24 hours on the last weekend of the 1975 season. O.J. Simpson scored his 23rd TD of the season against the Vikings passing Foreman and Gayle Sayers. The next day Jim Otis of St. Louis passed Foreman foe the rushing title. Foreman's nickname was "the spin doctor." His son Jay Foreman played 5 seasons in the NFL for with four teams; the Bills, Texans, Giants, and 49ers. Buffalo has the same 0-4 record in Super Bowls that Minnesota does.

EDIT: As trekbkr pointed out, Jay Foreman actually played 8 seasons in the NFL.

ChuckForeman.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to NFL.com, Jay Foreman did play for those teams, but his career lasted from 1999 to 2006, a span of 8 seasons. That threw me off your clue. :)

http://www.nfl.com/players/jayforeman/profile?id=FOR395369

My mistake. I honestly don't know why I typed five seasons. The info I was using clearly stated 8 seasons. Sorry about that.

BB52Big.jpg

1. I was wide open.

2. I was the first at my position to win this award.

3. I'm on an NFL Films Top Ten List.

4. I have three Super Bowl rings.

5. I appeared on TV with a guy who was a high school football legend.

6. I'm not the first me to play in a Super Bowl.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

1. I was wide open.

Who am I?

Stab in the dark Jerry Rice

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

1. I was wide open.

Who am I?

Stab in the dark Jerry Rice

Nope. Clue number 6 is the key.

BB52Big.jpg

Larry Brown

. . . the second of whom became a wealthy man courtesy of Neil O'Donnell.

Must say though that whenever I hear 'wide open' and 'Super Bowl' I think of Jimmy Orr waving in the end zone.

Me too. :cursing:

That's because you and I are oldtimers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Dallas Cowboy Larry Brown is who we're looking for. Brown was "wide open" on at least one of his two INTs in SB XXX. His two INTs (some might argue they were receptions) against the Steelers led to Brown being the first cornerback to be named Super Bowl MVP. Despite three SB rings, 14 career INTs and playing 8 seasons in the NFL, Brown is on NFL Films' list of "Top Ten One Shot Wonders." Larry Brown appeared as himself on "Married...With Children" along side high school football legend Al Bundy. And finally, as BluSky has already pointed out, the Redskins' Larry Brown played in Super Bowl VII before "other" Larry Brown got there with the Cowboys.

t_39774.jpg

Not to be confused with...

brown_larry.jpgt1_larry.brown.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

1. I am another player who attended "The U" before it was known as "The U."

2. I played for two teams in my career. Those two teams have a combined total of 8 Lombardi trophies.

3. Referring to clue number two; I have two Super Bowl rings. One was the fourth for my team the other was the first. Neither was the last at that point.

4. While my teammates get the credit for it, I am the one who actually started it.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Jim Burt

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jim Burt it is.

Free Agent out of Miami. Played for the Giants and 49ers who between them have won eight Super Bowls. Burt's first ring was with the Giants in '86 (Giants first SB win.) His second was with the 49ers in 89 (SF's fourth SB win.) While the common perception is that Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson started the traditional Gatorade bath during the 1986 season, Jim Burt was actually the first to do it during the 1985 season.

He's also the guy who knocked Joe Montana into next week in the 1986 playoffs.

nfl_w_montana_burt_300.jpgtl_g-1487.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

1. A lot of people, myself included, believe I was robbed.

2. I am credited as being one of the first to play what is now a very common position in the NFL.

3. Seven teams have won back to back Super Bowls. I played for one of them.

4. I am a member of two All-Time Super Bowl teams.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

Mike Ditka??

Tight end is the only position I can think of that was a relatively new one by the dawn of the Super Bowl era, and I think Ditka was the "first" to fill that role. And he did win a Super Bowl while playing with the Cowboys. Not sure about the robbery part, though.

(Of course, I'm no NFL historian, so this guess is just a bullet shot in the dark.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived