Infrared41's Who Am I?

infrared41

Fire up the way-back machine and get ready for another season of CCSLC's "other" annual Super Bowl trivia thread; Infrared41's Who Am I? ©

We've had an influx of rookies since last season so I'll reset how it works. Each player will be from the roster of a Super Bowl participant. The player won't be someone who was third on the depth chart that we've never heard of. More likely than not, the player will be from a team from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. It never hurts to pay particular attention to how the clues are worded.

Here is our first player.

1. I attended "The U" before it was known as "The U."

2. I have one Super Bowl ring but I played in two Super Bowls.

3. I played a big roll in one of the most famous plays in NFL history. This play resulted in an NFL rule change.

4. I currently co-host the post game radio show for an NFL team but it is not the team I played for.

5. I am a member of an ethnic hall of fame.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete Banaszak

Damn you, I just found it and I was about to post it!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Pete Banaszak

Damn Francis. We're you reading my mind or something? That may be the fastest anyone has ever gotten one of these. What was the giveaway?

Anyway, soothsayer Tank got it. Pete Banaszak.

Played in Super Bowls II and XI with the Raiders. Was one of the players who intentionally fumbled during the "Holy Roller" play. Co-hosts the Jaguars post game radio show. Member of the Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame.

pete-banaszak-oakland-raiders-signed-8x10-photo-wcoa_c9a8a577199605bc87cb937482b18f9a.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

OK, obviously the first one was easier than I thought it would be. Let's try to make this next one more difficult...hopefully.

1. When it comes to college football, infrared and I have something in common. We share the same arch-rival.

2. My most memorable game didn't even count. But it was a very important game. Ask Lamar Hunt.

3. I played on two Super Bowl teams and I have one Super Bowl ring.

4. I was a second round draft pick. Twice.

5. These days I'm probably better known in the town I played in for a sport outside of football. Bonus: Can you name it?

OK this one may be too tough. Here are a couple bonus clues:

6. I was considered the AFL "prototype" at my position.

7. While I only played for one franchise my entire career, I did play for two teams.

BB52Big.jpg

Damn, I've got nothing. At least the first one had the clue of being from Miami to go on.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Damn, I've got nothing. At least the first one had the clue of being from Miami to go on.

You gotta pay close attention to the clues. One of them is a dead giveaway. Think old school. And how is it that a player can be drafted in the second round twice?

BB52Big.jpg

He went to anOSU? Unfortunately, my knowledge of sports minutiae is limited to more modern players.

He went to a OSU? Unfortunately, my knowledge of sports minutiae is limited to more modern players.

I never said that, I said he and I have something in common when it comes to college football. OK, I'm going to add another clue.

BB52Big.jpg

I got nothing...

A player that went to Michigan State or Notre Dame, played in an AFL-NFL exhibition, was drafted by the AFL and NFL in the 2nd round. He had to be a Texan/Chief because no other former AFL team played in two Super Bowls and only won 1.

I looked up each AFL Draft and nothing fits. This is a good one :cursing:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

He went to a OSU? Unfortunately, my knowledge of sports minutiae is limited to more modern players.

I never said that, I said he and I have something in common when it comes to college football. OK, I'm going to add another clue.

It's the best I could come up with.

Fred Arbanas?

illwauk for the win. It is indeed Fred Arbanas.

Attended Michigan State so he and I share Michigan as an arch-rival. Arbanas says his most memorable game was the 66-24 beating the Chiefs put on the Bears in an exhibition game in 1967, the season following K.C.'s loss in Super Bowl I. Lamar Hunt said he felt the game was his most memorable as well. Played in both Super Bowl I and Super Bowl IV. Was a second round pick for St. Louis in 1961 and the Dallas Texans in 1962. Has a golf course named after him in K.C. and serves on the Jackson County legislature in K.C. Was considered the "prototypical" AFL tight end. Played for the Texans/Chiefs his entire career.

57741084c89587a75827529250647d57f033cad8.jpg?x=208&y=267&sig=4a6aa7d0f5c1840870b5ff1fd53d955f

I really thought the most memorable game that didn't count was a dead giveaway.

BB52Big.jpg

Fred Arbanas?

illwauk for the win. It is indeed Fred Arbanas.

Attended Michigan State so he and I share Michigan as an arch-rival. Arbanas says his most memorable game was the 66-24 beating the Chiefs put on the Bears in an exhibition game in 1967, the season following K.C.'s loss in Super Bowl I. Lamar Hunt said he felt the game was his most memorable as well. Played in both Super Bowl I and Super Bowl IV. Was a second round pick for St. Louis in 1961 and the Dallas Texans in 1962. Has a golf course named after him in K.C. and serves on the Jackson County legislature in K.C. Was considered the "prototypical" AFL tight end. Played for the Texans/Chiefs his entire career.

57741084c89587a75827529250647d57f033cad8.jpg?x=208&y=267&sig=4a6aa7d0f5c1840870b5ff1fd53d955f

I really thought the most memorable game that didn't count was a dead giveaway.

Fred Arbanas is always the first name that comes to mind for me whenever someone mentions the 1960s Chiefs because he's the reason why my grandfather's cousin, Dave Kocourek, is on the AFL's all-time second team and not the first.

1965Topps163Kocourek250w.jpg

1. I am one of the few members of an NFL 20-20 club.

2. I have two Super Bowl rings. Based on where they're at today, you'll be really surprised to see one of the teams we beat in one of those conference championship games.

3. Snow made me famous.

Who am I?

BB52Big.jpg

2. I have two Super Bowl rings. Based on where they're at today, you'll be really surprised to see one of the teams we beat in one of those conference championship games.

3. Snow made me famous.

Who am I?

You are Wilber Marshall.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

3. Snow made me famous.

Who am I?

You are Wilber Marshall.

Jigga for the win. Wilber Marshall it is.

Wilber+Marshall.jpgmarshall_wilber.jpg

Marshall is one of the few players in NFL history to have over 20 sacks and 20 interceptions.

He got SB rings with the '85 Bears and '91 Redskins. The "surprising" team is the Detroit Lions who Washington beat 41-10 in the NFC title game.

In the '85 NFC Championship it started snowing at the start of the 4th quarter, the Chicago fans went nuts, and this happened....

If only NFL football could be as good in real life as it is through the lens of NFL Films.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived