Anyone Going to the Super Bowl?

rmackman

I actually want to buy tickets! I'll pay $1,600. Last year tickets were going for $1,200, but this year they've jumped to $3,000. Kinda frustrating. If anyone knows anyone selling tickets, let me know.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I actually want to buy tickets! I'll pay $1,600. Last year tickets were going for $1,200, but this year they've jumped to $3,000. Kinda frustrating. If anyone knows anyone selling tickets, let me know.

Not to rain on your parade but we're talking Steelers - Packers in the Super Bowl. My guess is 1600 bucks ain't gonna come even close to getting it done chief. Your best bet would probably be to just take your 1600, go to the game, and hang out by the stadium hoping to get tickets from desperate scalpers once the game starts. Even then I don't think 1600 will be enough.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

They are going to sell tickets for the plaza at the stadium where you can essentially watch it on a huge TV. Depending on how much they are and if you are going more for the atmosphere, that might be worth it.

You ever hear of negotiating? You say you'll pay $1600, but then say that tickets are going for $3000. Let's just say I had two tickets, and I was considering selling. Why would I give you a $1400 break per ticket?

It's all rhetorical, by the way :grin:

It's where I sit.

This seems to be the most expensive that Super Bowl tickets have ever been. I can still hold out hope for someone to sell under $2,000.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

You'll probably be out of luck then. I've been to four Super Bowls (two through my father's company being one of the sponsors) and each time the tickets averaged close to 2,000. This one features 2 of the elite five fanbases out there and I wouldn't be surprised if you heard of some crazy prices being thrown around for those looking to unload their tickets. Much like when the 360 and PS3 same out and claimed they wouldn't have another shipments for quite a while, only to have people selling their duplicate systems (I was a guilty party in that) and got about 4000 for a system that really cost 600.

I'm trying Craigslist as well. I actually put up a "Wanted" article:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/wan/2179737849.html

spacer.png

If you want to go, then go. Go down there and on game day, buy your ticket after the kickoff and you'll get $3,000 tickets probably dirt cheap like $200. The stupid thing most people do is buy over-priced tickets from scalpers when if they're patient and wait until after the start of an even, they can get tickets for dirt cheap because after the start of the event scalpers lose all leverage.

If you want to go, then go. Go down there and on game day, buy your ticket after the kickoff and you'll get $3,000 tickets probably dirt cheap like $200. The stupid thing most people do is buy over-priced tickets from scalpers when if they're patient and wait until after the start of an even, they can get tickets for dirt cheap because after the start of the event scalpers lose all leverage.

Exactly. I went to the Coca-Cola 600 a few years back when NASCAR races were still drawing big crowds. Great seats that were 150-200 bucks the day before the race were going for 10-20 bucks once the green flag dropped. I'm not saying you have a chance at getting 20 dollar Super Bowl tickets but your chances of getting a ticket for less than your 1600 budget are much better if you just show up at the game and take your chances.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Exactly. I went to the Coca-Cola 600 a few years back when NASCAR races were still drawing big crowds. Great seats that were 150-200 bucks the day before the race were going for 10-20 bucks once the green flag dropped. I'm not saying you have a chance at getting 20 dollar Super Bowl tickets but your chances of getting a ticket for less than your 1600 budget are much better if you just show up at the game and take your chances.

I wish I'd done this last year, though obviously it's a gamble to travel (you may not find a ticket) and finding somewhere to stay could also be problematic. I also worry about spending money on a counterfeit ticket but don't know how likely that is to happen. All in all, if I was a local I'd so be out there for the chance to attend the SB.

Game tickets are kind of like airline seats, which become worthless when a flight departs. Wish the airlines would let you hang around the gate and pay a cut rate at the last minute. B)

This isn't my personal ticket but this is the SB I went to. How's that for a face value? :wacko:

Also note the normal-for-back-then kickoff time of 1:30.

47726_01_lg.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

$1600 and a dream.

Good luck, Mack!

Thanks. You know what amazes me? I feel like 80% of the Super Bowl tickets go to ticket brokers. It's insane! I don't get why the NFL would allow that. If they know their tickets go for $2,000, then make that the face value, and sell them yourself.

spacer.png

$1600 and a dream.

Good luck, Mack!

Thanks. You know what amazes me? I feel like 80% of the Super Bowl tickets go to ticket brokers. It's insane! I don't get why the NFL would allow that. If they know their tickets go for $2,000, then make that the face value, and sell them yourself.

Well, that would be nice and simple and fair. Ha! No way. Money is what it's all about, and God knows how much gets raked in by the time those tickets are sold and resold. Now Jurrah's going to charge $200 for people to sit outside and watch on a Jumbotron (and try to count them as being at the game). Anybody who takes that deal is a moron.

Sadly, the SB is no longer for fans, it's the ultimate perk for Joe Corporate to give his best customer.

$1600 and a dream.

Good luck, Mack!

It's a business, plain and simple and they don't care who buys them, nor who resells them, as long as they get their money. Once you realize this, then 90% of your issues are gone. Because you know even if you get a "cheaper" ticket, you're going to get raped inside the stadium big-time by food, drinks, and merchandise.

$1600 and a dream.

Good luck, Mack!

It's a business, plain and simple and they don't care who buys them, nor who resells them, as long as they get their money. Once you realize this, then 90% of your issues are gone. Because you know even if you get a "cheaper" ticket, you're going to get raped inside the stadium big-time by food, drinks, and merchandise.

And parking...$72 to park a mile away and take a shuttle to the stadium. No tailgating allowed.

Archived