First attempt...

justinw21987

never done this before...

thought it would suck...

didnt plan on posting it...

nobody wants to see another dumb NFL pro combat concept...

took me forever and a day to do it...

but then i figured, what the hell...

might as well...

My plan is to do a Pro Combat concept for every team, but at this rate I probably wont be done until the preseason starts back up. Started with the Cowboys, because Im a fan and I absolutely hate the 30 different shades of everything that they got goin on. Kept them simple and classic like they should be, but made some subtle changes that i believe make a huge difference. Let me know what you guys think.

Dallas-Cowboys-1.png

Thanks to andrewharrington for the template.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that sleeve stripe is fantastic!. One thing that really bugs me when people use this template is that they overlap the numbers onto the mesh part, it would't happen in real life, it shouldn't happen in a concept! Apart from that this is a nice clean design and I would like to see this series continue.

FTR I actually love all the nfl pro combat series

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Although the Cowgirls don't deserve a redo of their jerseys, if they were to, this is on the right track. My only thing is that sleeves just have to match up. You got the helmet and pants to match, but the sleeve pattern does not. Try to match that up, then it can be a good concept. Hail to the Redskins my friend.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

One thing that really bugs me when people use this template is that they overlap the numbers onto the mesh part, it would't happen in real life, it shouldn't happen in a concept!

Welcome to the real world, sir. :P Oregon's numerals on its BCS jersey (at the unveiling, at least) overlapped onto the mesh as well. There's just not enough space there.

Texas_Royal_uniform_1.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

One thing that really bugs me when people use this template is that they overlap the numbers onto the mesh part, it would't happen in real life, it shouldn't happen in a concept!

Welcome to the real world, sir. :P Oregon's numerals on its BCS jersey (at the unveiling, at least) overlapped onto the mesh as well. There's just not enough space there.

Texas_Royal_uniform_1.jpg

Yeah, thats what i thought. I knew I would get some criticism for overlapping, but in some cases there is no possible way not to overlap... especially when you have lettering at the top.

Plan on having a couple more ready by tomorrow...

Buffalo-Bills.png

Had to start off by fixing the atrocity known as the buffalo bills... well, attempt to fix... went classic with a pro combat feel... definitely not saying that this is the way the buffalo bills should look, but i didn't want to go too "classic" and kill the whole pro combat look.

Excellent, can't wait to see more. My only complaint was the size of the numbers, but for this Cowboys concept it works. Some of these pro combat concepts make the numbers look too small.

As for the Bills... those are great! I love the Joe Ferguson-era jerseys, as those were the best they ever had.

The Ravens... not quite feeling it. It seems to have too much gold, and also appears to be a throwback for a team that shouldn't wear a throwback with their limited history as the "Ravens."

Excellent, can't wait to see more. My only complaint was the size of the numbers, but for this Cowboys concept it works. Some of these pro combat concepts make the numbers look too small.

As for the Bills... those are great! I love the Joe Ferguson-era jerseys, as those were the best they ever had.

The Ravens... not quite feeling it. It seems to have too much gold, and also appears to be a throwback for a team that shouldn't wear a throwback with their limited history as the "Ravens."

Yeah, thats what i was thinking too... had to take it down because i couldnt stand looking at it anymore... didnt want to have to start over, but i have no other choice.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking too... had to take them down because i couldnt stand looking at them anymore... didnt want to have to start over, but i have no other choice.

It wasn't the worst thing ever. It just didn't fit, although you might want to try a combination of the Bills concept you did and Baltimore's current duds. Perhaps, place their shield-logo over their heart, much like the Steelers as to not eliminate it completely.

I like what you did with the Bills. They really need to go with more of a classic look. My only suggestion would be to have the pants stripe match the helmet stripe.

I'm also not feeling the Ravens. I like the design, but I think there should be more focus on black, since Ravens are black. I'm thinking a black home jersey with the road striping (purple/gold/purple/gold/purple), a black helmet, and black, purple, or white pants.

I really like the Ravens unis, but when you use black, it would be better if you used the color next to the solid black, so it's dark and you can still see the lines and detail.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Archived