Chicago Bulls Concept

Starchild

After taking a break thanks to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (damn artist wrist/keyboard/weight lifting), here is the next concept for the NBA Redesign Project... a team I hate with a passion (one of 28 in the league)... the Chicago Bulls. The only thing I like about 'em are their uniforms and logo (minus that terrible black alternate... if they're going with an alternate, it needs to be the Superman-Batman-Rodman era black jersey with red pinstripes)... but since it's redesigning, I of course completely overhauled 'em. Thanks to some serious critiquing by Waffles, I went with a color scheme of red and blue (with silver) as opposed to red, black and white (kinda keeps some consistency with the Cubbies... not intentionally though, but its a nice excuse).

As for the wordmark, logo and jersey, it's totally changed. As a tidbit, the primary logo contains a C in the background (for Chicago, which is pretty obvious I think) and then on the bull itself, the letters C and B (for Chicago Bulls) are the shading inside the Bulls ear (left and right respectively... may not be visible in this concept since the logo is small). For the jersey, I sorta went with the current Houston Rockets look. The collar is sorta flared upward which, I think, gives it a really nice look. For the sides on the jersey and the shorts, it's also an altered version of the Houston Rockets... you can see the elements I took as well as those I added myself. IMO, this template helps to really accent the blue and red scheme.

Anyway, no more talking, here's the concept and I await thy feedback!

Chicago Bulls Concept

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

gotta say i'm loving this. ya got some imagination on ya with that alt logo, and the blue looks better here than i'd anticipated. it's dark enough to still give it that Bulls feel.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Looks black to me. I love it...production is top-notch, and the jersey looks good. I see the C and B inside the bull's ear even though it's small, and that's a nice touch. It might just be the size of the logo, but I'd suggest either adding some detail to the bull's body or taking some away from the face. It's like the face is close to realistic (or it is at this size) and the body is rather plain, it's not very consistent. I like the wordmark. Overall, it's great, but I wouldn't want to see them change. Nice job!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I love the Primary Logo....

The only thing I don't like is the wordmark. I've never been a fan of adding horns (or other icons having to do with the team name) to the wordmark.

Jersey style also great (of course for me without the wordmark as is)

Wow, the Tripods logo...

Yeah, try to copy and paste.

The concept is flat out awesome! I love the new logo, the colors and the uniform design. But I have to agree with gdffl86 about the horny wordmark, I'm not so hot for that.

As somebody who saw this progress from your bull sketch to a completed uniform, I gotta say you nailed this one.

I'll take some blame for the imbalance with the body and face, as that was what I kept telling him when he asked me for feedback...

And I admire your ability to put aside your titanic hatred for the Bulls to work on their jersey.

And I admire your ability to put aside your titanic hatred for the Bulls to work on their jersey.

Hey, I'm a nice guy like that. :D

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback - as always I appreciate it greatly.

I may toy around with removing the horns from the wordmark, though I sorta like it... kinda like the NJ Devils horns and tail on the "N" (wow, I've complimented 2 teams I hate in one thread... sign of the apocalypse for the week).

I'm sorta at a stand still right now as to which team I'm going to attempt to overhaul next, so if anyone has a suggestion/request/whatever, go ahead and lemme know. Also, I'll be doing a concept for the newly crowned 2004 Euroleague basketball champions Maccabi Tel Aviv on the side.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived