New York Islanders

stimpy

Sorry Stimpy, but for me this was misses the mark. I do like the lighthouse logo and would love to see them go this route, I also liked the fisherman. Even the waver at the bottom could work, maybe with an orange highlight. The stripes on top... it's hard to figure out what you were going for there. The font kind of fits the "roundness" of the wave at the bottom of the jersey, but it's just not pleasing to the eye.

My main complaint on the font--and I don't mind some experimentation in that regard--is the "I" looks like backward "C"...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The shoulder striping does not match the rest of the jersey, but I'm pretty fond of the rest. Only other complaint is that the name font makes for some wierd spacing because of the large curves and seriffs. You're getting much better, though. Keep it up.

EDIT: Your redo cleaned up both the striping and the nameplate. Nicely done.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Now YOU have to edit because I edited my needed-to-be-edited post! A-Ha! Capitano Shmee wins again.

sticksstones4.png

disgusting... sorry I am not a fan of this concept.

grc

Wow, that seems a bit harsh. Granted it needs some work, but how many of us churn out beautiful designs on our first few tries that aren't named Nitroseed, Avenger, Sterling, js, etc. If I left your names out, please don't intend it as a slight. Stimpy, your designs are definitely imaginative and thought out, I'll give you that.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

disgusting... sorry I am not a fan of this concept.

grc

Dayamit...there have been multiple threads in the past few days discussing the use of unconstructive, and actually degrading criticism. It's no good and should be kept off these boards. Please don't do that anymore. At least you said sorry...

sticksstones4.png

I applaud you for using the lighthouse logo as the crest. I think they should modify that logo to use their current colours, and replace the horrible crest they have now with the lighthouse.

The rest... well, I'm not meaning to be crass, but I can't find anything else I like about it. The trim seems just kindof thrown on there, it's not very cohesive. I'm also not a fan of large pieces of trim not being seperated by a stripe of some sort.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah Stimpy. I'm def not feeling this one. Try to use Roger's numbers and letters for the jerseys.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not really a fan of it. I really do prefer the lighthouse logo, but the striping/waves need help.

I can relate... it's hard to do a wave pattern and actually have it turn out good. I've tried and failed many times. Waves tend to make the jersey look like a mural.

I'd go with a more subtle wave, and add some striping to it to make it less mural-like.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived