2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah thats right Dexter in the National League Pitchers are required to be athletes. Its real baseball where Managers have to manage without the DH.

Someone is looking for a fight. Sorry, find someone else.

PS. Yankees did a pretty good the last 2 days playing "real baseball"

That's because the Yankees are a better team without Jeter, and give me a National League Game any day over a 4 hour AL game.

Really, you are going to make such a bold statement after seeing Nunez in 2 games? He was hitting .230 before this series. I like what I'm seeing from him, but at the end of the day Jeter and Nunez are at the bottom of the list of players who need to play well for the Yankees to succeed. Though, Jeter does need to be moved to the bottom of the order. Gardner should be the lead off hitter.

Yeah thats right Dexter in the National League Pitchers are required to be athletes. Its real baseball where Managers have to manage without the DH.

No, someone is posting true facts. Sorry you can't accept them. The DH takes a lot of the burden out of managing in the AL.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No, someone is posting true facts. Sorry you can't accept them. The DH takes a lot of the burden out of managing in the AL.

Great, don't care.

Keep it up. This overly-hostile attitude you've got worked really well for Kevin W., after all.

I'm the one being hostile? You two the one's looking to fight over the most boring issue ever. You thought it would get under my skin, well you thought wrong.

Here's an idea. How about highly paid professional athletes stop being fatasses?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know, I don't usually get mad when the Mariners lose because, let's face it, I've seen them suffer through losing seasons so often that you just go 'meh' and go on with your life.

But when you lose a game when The umpires are unable to count to four (as in four balls), that raises some questions.

(plus, I wanted to post this so I can break up Dexter's constant Yankee :censored:-sucking. Dude, stop. Your actions are one of the many reasons why people hate the Yankees so damn much)

I'm not "looking to fight" about anything. It's not a debate. It's an unavoidable fact that NL managers have to use more strategy due to the lack of a DH.

again, that's great, could careless.

It's couldn't care less but that's hardly the point. You should settle down. Ask KevinW how well being a flaming douchebag works around here.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Here's an idea. How about highly paid professional athletes stop being fatasses?

How about the AL removes the incentive for fatasses to play (and artificially extend their careers) by getting rid of the DH?

Sure, the NL has Pablo Sandoval and Prince Fielder, but the AL has a bunch of old, past-their-prime, probably juiced-up fatasses with Jeterian fielding range who just swing for the fences at every pitch. That's not baseball, that's crap.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

But when you lose a game when The umpires are unable to count to four (as in four balls), that raises some questions.

Nelson Cruz was similarly :censored:ed last weekend vs. the Mets. Yes, it really sucks ass.

As for NL rules, there's nothing "more pure" or challenging about tons of sac bunts and intentionally walking the #8 pitcher. There's a reason why it's EASILY the easier league to pitch in.

God, fans of AL teams take it so freakin' personally when people point out how dumb the DH is, as if it were the fans' idea or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived