Vancouver Whitecaps FC Concept

logocruncher

It's been a long while since I've posted on these boards, but inspiration struck.

The Vancouver Whitecaps will be joining the MLS next year, and have unveiled their new identity. While it is a clean, crisp brand that is a big step up from their amateur-ish USL look, it just seems so corporate in my opinion. The new colors are identical to those of Sporting Kansas City, and there is little character in the logo itself. With this in mind, I created a new logo that takes some ideas from the new logo (the mountain reflected as an interlocking VW) and some from the old (the cresting wave).

Logo

Next, on the jerseys, I attempted to preserve the signature blue stripe across the crest that the new identity abandons. I added blue pants to avoid the white-on-white look that dominates the MLS. The Canadian flag is on the left sleeve, and (in a departure from the conceivable, as Adidas has a contract with the MLS until 2018) the jerseys are made by Umbro.

Home Kit

The away kit is sky blue, with a chevron (I guess it sort of evokes the Canucks' infamous V jerseys in a subtle sort of way) across the chest.

Away Kit

I hope you enjoy! C&C is welcome and encouraged.

scotland_fifasig.png

I like em. Their new kit is a little plain if you ask me, so I prefer these. I wish they hadn't parted with the blue stripe across the chest, so I'm happy to see it here. And the away kit is a nice design....love the collars. Thumbs up from me.

Oh and the logo is good, but not great. Has a slight 80's feel to it, which makes it look dated.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I really like your kits, but the logo seems to be cluttered with too much stuff that makes the various themes indistinguishable. The first thing I'd suggest is that you reexamine your logo and consider only using a couple of themes. IMHO that would mean eliminating the soccer ball and "VW", and concentrating on incorporating the mountains, cresting wave, sky, and wordmark together. Also, I think you'll need to use a third color, much like the current logo uses, to outline things to give them more definition.

I dunno, the logo is growing on me, what they currently have. I was happy when they changed from the 86ers to the Whitecaps and now that they are in the MLS, I like that new logo and I like the new jerseys.

I don't get why people want to put it in a crest, I think the logo is fine the way it is.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived