Houston Astros: Red Hats w/ Red Jersey?

FattySeth

I was just on the Astros wikipedia page and I saw this

NLC-Uniform-HOU.PNG

Any word on the Astros wearing the brick red caps with their alt. jersey this year? Or is this just a mistake in the picture?

It also show red socks for the the white home alt, this would be new to I believe.

There must be copyright ramifications that prevent their uniform renderings from looking any better than the work of a four-year-old. Can't think of why else they'd look so crappy with the wealth of sources and contributors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There must be copyright ramifications that prevent their uniform renderings from looking any better than the work of a four-year-old. Can't think of why else they'd look so crappy with the wealth of sources and contributors.

Yeah, uniforms like that with the logos are non-free content and have certain limits on how detailed they can be on Wikipedia.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And many of them are flat out wrong or not updated. The Utah Jazz Wiki site still has their old uniforms listed as current. The Bobcats Wiki had orange uniforms up until a few months ago. The Bucks uniforms are light green.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

And many of them are flat out wrong or not updated. The Utah Jazz Wiki site still has their old uniforms listed as current. The Bobcats Wiki had orange uniforms up until a few months ago. The Bucks uniforms are light green.

Unfortunately, it seems as though I'm the most active person when it comes to updating uniforms (except when they're just basic templates instead of actual images, like all of the MLS teams) and I only do college football.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unfortunately, it seems as though I'm the most active person when it comes to updating uniforms (except when they're just basic templates instead of actual images, like all of the MLS teams) and I only do college football.

Do you get paid for that or is it just a thing you do for fun.

I'd assume he does it for fun. I keep many pages up to date and am part of several wiki projects but I don't get paid to do it, I just have fun doing it.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Do you get paid for that or is it just a thing you do for fun.

For fun. I enjoy drawing the uniforms like so many on here do, but I'm incapable of using anything other than a combination of Paint and GIMP, both because I don't know how to use more complicated programs and because more complex images are unusable on Wikipedia.

NLC-Uniform-HOU.PNG

Any word on the Astros wearing the brick red caps with their alt. jersey this year? Or is this just a mistake in the picture?

It also show red socks for the the white home alt, this would be new to I believe.

IMO, they should. It looks much better with the red caps than it does with the black caps.

NLC-Uniform-HOU.PNG

I don't believe they've ever worn the brick hat with the brick alts. Knowing Drayton McLane's love fo teh brick, I wouldn't be surprised to see it. They just haven't done it yet. The two people who might have the easiest access to that info, MLB.com beat writer Brian McTaggert and Astros Director of Social Media Alyson Footer, don't always have uniform answers. I've asked them stuff in the past. They're always polite and try their best to answer, but uniforms aren't at the top of their priority list.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That'd be news to me. If I had to guess, whoever updated this page saw a photo from spring training and incorrectly assumed that the astros wear red hats with a red jersey now. Both the bp jersey and cap are different than the standard uniform, but not everyone pays attention to details. I wouldnt mind the red hat appearing more since it is only seen at saturday home games, but I think the black hat looks better on the red uniform just to provide some contrast.

Spring Training Uniform

astrosspringtraining.jpg

Archived