CFL 2011 Season

I know it starts in July, well, Regular season does, but I'm so exited for the CFL season in 2011.

I'm a Roughriders fan, i became one in 2010. The first year being a Riders fan, They made the Grey cup.....and they lost.

But at least they made it. I think they can do it again, Calgary might have a chance too, I've been a fan for only a year now,

but i can tell the Stamps and Als are good.

I think it will be either the Stamps or Rider for the west, Or the Als again or the Argos in the Cup, but it's a little early to judge.

One thing i like about CFL is....It's in July!!!! the Summer. I accually LOVE CFFL almost like NFL.

But i want to hear other opinions and talk to others of what they think.

Dale%20Gribble.pnghank_hill.pngBoomhauer-icon.pngphoto-thumb-1746.jpg

Jeffrey's worthless horse.

Well it's going on 21 years since Winnipeg fans celebrated a Grey Cup. Not going to say this is the year but I've liked Joe Mack's second go of things, now if the QB's we got can stay healthy things could change.

Also I believe this is the final year for CanadInns Stadium, I for one will not miss you but I have seen plenty of games there, you'll be missed when your getting a wrecking ball slammed into you.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hamilton (almost) has a new stadium!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Looking at the league and breaking down each franchise's strengths and weaknesses, I can honestly say that there's only about 8 teams that have a realistic chance of contending for the Grey Cup. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's reality folks.

Looking at the league and breaking down each franchise's strengths and weaknesses, I can honestly say that there's only about 8 teams that have a realistic chance of contending for the Grey Cup. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's reality folks.

True, but keep an eye out for Ottawa, Quebec or Mocton to make a run in a few years.

1zqy8ok.gif

Hopefully there are 8 that are contending this year. Because BC looked terrible this past season.

Hopefully there are 8 that are contending this year. Because BC looked terrible this past season.

So you missed that whole winning streak in the second half of the season?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So you missed that whole winning streak in the second half of the season?

No I caught it. But winning 3 in October doesn't offset the fact they were below .500 and lost 7 in a row through July and August.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still mad that they got rid of the Labour Day Classic this season. It is a CFL tradition!

Yeah, I understand they decided to replace it with two games on Labour Day Monday....

Montreal-Hamilton on Labour Day Monday makes no sense whatsoever. Hamilton's biggest rivals are the Argonauts. That is how it should be. Screw the Jays. They can't make the playoffs even when they have a decent season. They shouldn't have exclusive say over the use of the Dome. Either that or appropriate modifications should be made to BMO Field so that the Argos can play there.

While I'm at it:

Toronto and Hamilton, Montreal and Winnipeg, Edmonton and Calgary, and BC and Saskatchewan should play 4 times per season.

Each team should play its other divisional opponents 3x each. Opposite division teams twice each.

The only thing about this is that it means the Labour Day Classic and Banjo Bowl are the only 2 weeks the Bombers and Riders play each other, but I think that's okay.

Once 2 more teams are in the fold, every team can play every other one twice. Can't wait for that.

Dying to understand the Winnipeg-Montreal reasoning, other than "Well, Toronto and Hamilton are doing it."

Also, Bombers trade Steven Jyles to Tarannah for their 2011 first rounder and 2012 fourth rounder.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Like the Jyles trade.

Though better hope to God that Pierce can play a full 18 games but now the Bombers have two first round picks for what seems like ever, I'm just amazed they have a first round pick to begin with.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Like the Jyles trade.

Though better hope to God that Pierce can play a full 18 games but now the Bombers have two first round picks for what seems like ever, I'm just amazed they have a first round pick to begin with.

There's no way Pierce plays 18 games.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived