Mets Players Dislike Black Unis?

TBGKon

I think "and Yankee pinstripes" was retconned into the history of the Mets' uniform because it fit in so well alongside "Dodger blue, Giants orange." Sort of like how Mets apologists pipe up with "the black pays tribute to the Giants too," and if they're particularly dedicated to the lost cause, "just like snow white pays tribute to the Dodgers." I think the Mets chose pinstripes because baseball teams often wear pinstripes. The Cubs and White Sox have worn pinstripes concurrently without one paying tribute to the other.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as a side note the Mets current road word-mark is taken from the Giants as well 1219.gif. Also this may help My link

HOME UNIFORM

Jersey:

Design Description: Original design combines aspects of the uniforms of the New York Yankees, Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. White button-down jersey with royal blue pinstripes (pinstripes based on the Yankees), with "Mets" in script across front on an upward slant (layout style based on that of the Dodgers). "Mets" script is royal blue (taken from the Dodgers) outlined in orange (taken from the Giants). Royal blue undersweater.

3535rx3.jpg

Mo one is going to get the Mets' pinstriped jerseys confused with the Yankees.

Of course not.

But nobody's going to forget that the pinstripes are a Yankee homage, either.

As I said, they can have their own identity or they can be the Yankees Jr.

Sharing one jersey element with the Yankees doesn't make the Mets the junior Yanks.

Mo one is going to get the Mets' pinstriped jerseys confused with the Yankees.

Of course not.

But nobody's going to forget that the pinstripes are a Yankee homage, either.

As I said, they can have their own identity or they can be the Yankees Jr.

Sharing one jersey element with the Yankees doesn't make the Mets the junior Yanks.

for the record the Yankees weren't the first team with pinstripes so they don't "own" it. The Yankees, however, were not the first team with pinstripes (from their website) My linkAlso I have no problem as a Met fan with them "not having their own identity" no team really does, the Yanks stole their NY logo from a firehouse logo. Every body copies everyone in some way. Look at the Mets they had the first mascot in Mr. Met then almost every team made their own mascot.

3535rx3.jpg

Just as a side note the Mets current road word-mark is taken from the Giants as well 1219.gif. Also this may help My link

HOME UNIFORM

Jersey:

Design Description: Original design combines aspects of the uniforms of the New York Yankees, Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. White button-down jersey with royal blue pinstripes (pinstripes based on the Yankees), with "Mets" in script across front on an upward slant (layout style based on that of the Dodgers). "Mets" script is royal blue (taken from the Dodgers) outlined in orange (taken from the Giants). Royal blue undersweater.

No it's not. Mets roadmark is in Tuscan (like the Red Sox) and is an arc. This is arched in the same font the Giants are using now.

HOME UNIFORM

Jersey:

No it's not. Mets roadmark is in Tuscan (like the Red Sox) and is an arc. This is arched in the same font the Giants are using now.

My bad i looked at too quickly i meant its similar to this font img]http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/86/full/7272.gif and from the jersey they wore in 2009 to honor the giants... i think?

3535rx3.jpg

Archived