High School Rebrand

TTaylor44

Hey guys,

I came up with this design for the high school I graduated from. I am possibly going to use this logo on their girls soccer team t-shirts, but I would like to finalize the logo first. The logo they currently have, I feel, is terrible. I'm liking my logo more each time I look it over but I still feel like something needs tweaking. I feel like it's something in the face of the lion that is off but I just can't put my finger on it.

Here is my logo

RCSLogo.jpg

For reference, here is their current logo (Not used when I attended the school):

rcs%20logo.jpg

Any advice on how to make it better is appreciated.

If you could get the body more inline with the script. I think that would add to it. As it is now it looks like the lion is resting on invisible rocks or something.

What do you mean in line with it? Like rotate the lion?

Sorry inline might have been a bad choice of words. Drop it down so its more on top of the script. Also the thicker lines helped eliminate some of the space.

Oh Ok. I get what you were saying now. I will work on it a little more tonight and try to nail it down.

the upper portion of the mouth/snout/etc needs to be rotated left a bit. it currently has a funny position heading up and left.

also, you could thicken up a lot of the lines, even after your update. even combine some of that gray shade area into the navy blue...by removing the gray. right now, it looks like the head is just stuck on top of another body designed after the fact. they don't flow well together.

why don't you open up the right paw as if it is swatting? currently, it looks like it is trying to rest on something rather than pouncing.

the far eye and nose need some work. as others have said, they slant down to the right and they should be more inline with the nearest eye. i also like the idea of having his right (our left) paw swatting. it seems odd to have them both the same as if its the Sphynx. if you did that, brought the lion down more close to the wordmark so the near paw was resting on the wordmark, this would be much better. this reminds me a lot of Loyola Marymount's lion, which is a very nice looking lion

Archived