2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Who would've guessed there was going to be only 4 goals through 5 periods in the Wings-Sharks series?

As well as he has played this series I think the Wings know that Howard is average at best (his regular season stats show this) so they are really clamping down on the D for this series. That, plus Zetterberg being hurt doesn't help much either.

Really? Jimmy kept Detroit in the game several times.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would've guessed there was going to be only 4 goals through 5 periods in the Wings-Sharks series?

As well as he has played this series I think the Wings know that Howard is average at best (his regular season stats show this) so they are really clamping down on the D for this series. That, plus Zetterberg being hurt doesn't help much either.

Really? Jimmy kept Detroit in the game several times.

That is what I said.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Caps are 4-for-57 on the PP in the playoffs since the start of the MTL series last year. Thats just kind of ridiculous.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That was a quicker series than I thought it would be. The Caps are done. They cant keep coming back on this team. Whats the excuses gonna be this time?

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

you'd have more of a case if 1. you could spell the other goalies name and 2. if the numbers backed you up, they dont. Neuvirths not the problem, a goaltending controversy would be a problem.

Fire the guy that has coached a team to 2 consecutive first place seeds in the playoffs, including a presidents trophy win? i dont think so. hell he is also the guy that brought Washington from last place in the east to the playoffs in a matter of months. goaltending has been this teams problem for the last couple years, trade neuvirth for a decent pick and keep varlamov (typo, sorry) as a backup. Holtby is the cap's goaltender of the future IMO.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I'm sorry I hate to say it but if they crap out again Bruce has got to go. Goaltending was a problem when we had Jose Theodore. Michal Neuvirth is a good goalie and will get better, still a youngin. VarlAmov is injury prone. I will agree with you that Holtby is our future, but Neuvirth is not a sieve, he is a damn good goalie with a good head on his shoulders and if we trade him we will regret it.

Fire the guy that has coached a team to 2 consecutive first place seeds in the playoffs, including a presidents trophy win? i dont think so. hell he is also the guy that brought Washington from last place in the east to the playoffs in a matter of months. goaltending has been this teams problem for the last couple years, trade neuvirth for a decent pick and keep varlamov (typo, sorry) as a backup. Holtby is the cap's goaltender of the future IMO.

He WILL get fired if we lose this series. Book it.

And Neuvirth is a boss, don't trade him. Trade Varly if anything.

90758391980.gif

it aint over till it's over though. remember in '09 caps were down 2-0 against new york and we stormed back and took the series. i see the same happening here

This Bolts team is far deadlier than the '09 Rags team. It would be a monumental collapse on Tampa Bay's part if this series went the distance.

Archived