Designing the NHL.

Patchey13

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up next Is Anaheim. I thought the simplistic striping lends itself to the simplicity of the Webbed D creating a strong iconic look. I kept the orange to a minimum for the home and away sets. For the Alternate I went a little less conservative and made the orange more prominent. I eliminated the copper from the alternate as well, as it doesn't look very good with large amounts of orange on the shoulders. Hope you like it.

Ducks.png

The home and road are alright, a little plain for my tastes. The alternate looks waaaay too much like something Philadelphia would wear, colours and all, to work for any other team.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I tweaked the third jersey, going with something closer to the Home and Away set. I wanted to stay away from an orange jersey, because the shade they use is pretty garish. I used simple orange and white striping and replaced the Ducks wordmark with the Mighty Ducks logo from the current alt. shoulder patch.

Ducks2-2.png

I'm still not 100% on the alt, so I'd love to hear how to improve it.

The alt is quite nice the way it is. I was thinking that maybe an ounce of bronze would complete it. But on second thought, less is better because it helps the jersey stand out from the home and road. Personally, I wouldn't change it.

I don't like how they brought back that logo. It would be like the Canucks bringing back the skate logo into their design. I say, get rid of the Disney Era logo and put the full Ducks logo, the one the currently use on their jerseys.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Home and roads are pretty decent, although the orange trim right next to the white makes it almost barely noticeable.

As for the third, I wouldn't make any more changes to it, except maybe adding a webfoot D shoulder patch. Otherwise, it's absolutely perfect ^_^

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Just like I promised, here is the Coyotes. I really like the identity when they came into the league, only problem was it was kind of tacky. I tried to bring it back without looking like it came straight from the 90s. I went with a sand alt instead of another red, or black jersey. I don't really know what else to say about this one, so here it is.

coyotes.png

Best home and away design for the Coyotes I've seen, I'm really impressed, fantastic work here. The alternates seem to just sit at OK for me, possibly some more focus in alt.s could improve this.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

So I took your advice and widened the stripes and put the numbers in the middle on the Home and Away jersey. Unfortunately photobucket seems to be going through some maintenance so I guess they will be up. I've got a start on a Buffalo set, but I would love to hear how I can get that Yotes third jersey from "Okay" to "Excellent"

It's a new day and photobucket seems to be back to normal, so as promised here are the Coyotes updates and the Sabres.

coyotes2-1.png

Fairly simple update taking your advice.

For the Sabres I went back to the royal blue and gold and removed the grey/silver. I never noticed the use of vintage white in the Sabres alt. script, and I thought it looked really nice paired with the navy and yellow

Sabres-1.png

I really like the blue Buffalo jersey. The white jersey could be good if you followed the pattern you used for the blue one- right now, the hem stripes don't match the arm stripes.

You have two options: get rid of the blue panel on the white sleeves, and have the three slashes/stripes alternate blue/yellow/blue, or make the hem stripes go yellow/blue/yellow/blue/yellow. I'd recommend the first one, but it's your concept.

As for the alt, the old white clashes with the yellow, especially on the numbers.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived