NBC Graphic on VERSUS

RETROJR79

I don't think they've done that with all of their sports but I'd expect them to go to something like that except for maybe UFL games since they are technically rivals to the NFL, though in reality they aren't even close yet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It might just be NBC trying to keep their brand on the Irish since they own the rights to all Notre Dame home games. And what's the deal with three different types of jerseys on the offense? I missed the game but saw lineman wearing green and WR and RB wearing white.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They used NBC graphics because it was essentially an NBC broadcast, but on Versus.

On the uniforms, it's just like any other school's spring game. You have two teams, in this case blue and gold (white jerseys), each with an offensive and defensive unit, so it's just like a regular game in that there are two separate teams playing each other. And the O-Lineman wore green because there aren't enough on the roster to split them up between the two teams.

The NHL TV Contract is on the open market and I think NBC & Versus is going to renewed. Let's just hope NBC Does a better job with their NHL coverage and correct me if I'm wrong but I think the MLB TV contract is up for grab after this season.

Now that Comcast has bought NBC I guess VERSUS is now going to used NBC graphic as I'm watching the Norte Dame spring game.

I do apolozige that I don't know how to post photo.

I believe there is talking of changing the name from Versus to NBC Sports or something similar.

Now that Comcast has bought NBC I guess VERSUS is now going to used NBC graphic as I'm watching the Norte Dame spring game.

I believe there is talking of changing the name from Versus to NBC Sports or something similar.

I had heard that too, I think Versus is to become NBC Sports, as Comcast is seeking to capitalize on its acquisition of NBC by rebranding CSS and its other assets under the NBC Sports umbrella similar to how Fox has its multiple Fox Sports outlets, and how CBS has rebranded the CBS College Sports channel as just "CBS Sports."

You may be right maybe called it NBC Sports Network just like what CBS did to CBS College Sports.

It'll be interresting to see how the new company brands it's sports products. They've gone the way of ESPN on ABC by branding coverage on the network Golf Channel on NBC (logos, graphics and all.) Now it looks like they're going in the oppposite direction with Versus, although Notre Dame is one of NBC's flagship brands, so I'm in no way suprised to see the Peacock continue to be associated with the Irish. I'll be more interrested to see how future NBC/Versus NHL agreements are handled.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Confirmed by Darren Rovell

Dick Ebersol says that "we are no more than 90 days from renaming Versus." Will have NBC in title.

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

VSNBC? :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

SNBC would be turrible, as Charles Barkley would say.

If you ask me, Versus should become NBC Sports and MSNBC should become NBC News. Is Microsoft even part of MSNBC anymore?

NBC News is a separate identity. Brian Williams works for NBC News, Rachel Maddow works for MSNBC. Unlike FOX "News", NBC likes to keep it's political shows separate from their straight news.

MSNBC had Brian Williams and Tom Brokaw on with Olbermann and the popular kids' lunch table all the time. They're separate except when they're not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Look for Versus or "NBC Sports" or what ever they are going to be called to go after one of the other major sports. Instead of one game a week on ESPN, the MLS would be better off of another network with more attention. Easily could see a game of the week for baseball on Versus as well. Don't see the NBA or NFL changing their tv contracts anytime soon.

Archived