Redesigning the NHL

MJ12

You've got a tiny bit of black on the home, black stripes on one side of the road, and black/brown on the alternate. No sign of orange anywhere but the alt. Clean up your color palette and keep it consistent from jersey to jersey. Find a cleaner version of the logo too, it makes the thing look terrible.

Also, the logo, NOB and number are too low, bump them up higher. Good start, and welcome to the boards!

Well, welcome to the boards, first off. Your concepts need some work, though. Right now, they look rushed and sloppy - and you don't want to be a user on these boards known for that.

Home Jersey - The first thing that catches my eye is the extremely pixelated logo. It's easy to find smaller logos through a Google search or resizing them properly through a program on your computer. I guess you're using MS Paint? If that's the case, don't try to resize huge logos. Seems as if you took the logo from Chris' site and resized it in Paint. Also, there's an area of color around the assistant captain's 'A'. Get rid of it, as it's a sign of laziness, to be honest. As is the random blotch of orange to the left of the front of the jersey in the white space. Also, the name and numbers are really low. Bring them up.

Away Jersey - This is better as far as the logo is concerned, but why do the stripes on the back appear black, but the ones on the front don't? Also, again, numbers and name are too low.

Alternate Jersey - Looks extremely rushed. The crest logo isn't centered, the collar is half brown/half black, brown rarely appears in the logo, yet is a prominent color in the jersey, the bottom stripe on the front is brown, yet on the back it's orange, the right back sleeve is brown on the front and black on the back and the name is incredibly jumbled. I also think simply taking the Senators alternate style isn't the best route to go. Be more creative.

Don't rush through the entire NHL just to get it done. Take your time with each team. Looking forward to your revisions.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Ducks updates are a big improvement.

However, your Thrashers concept is rushed and sloppy. You didn't color in the back of the home sweater completely, and it's just too derivative of the Oilers. Furthermore, the alternate needs a total rethink. Black-on-blue is not the most attractive color combo, they'd look like skating bruises. Also, I'd get rid of the back hem wordmarks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

you probably should grab a better template. I think having normal shoulders and a better cut-style would make placing names and numbers much easier for you.

Everybody is already telling you not to rush, and I agree with them. Instead of pushing forward in the series, go back and work on what you've posted three, four, even five times until it's really perfect, and it's something you can be truly proud of.

With your Ducks fix, you got the logos pretty well sized and the jerseys look pretty good. Especially that third jersey (and I hate the Mighty Ducks movies). It simply looks well put together. Regardless of what I think of the idea, the execution is excellent. All of your posts should be of that quality.

If you're working with paint, shrinking the logos becomes rather tough. I'd suggest finding some smaller versions of the logos elsewhere online, or perhaps using the small logos that take you to each logo's page on this site. starting with a smaller logo will lead to better results.

That leads me to my next point, and something that I think is sorely lacking with a lot of concepts: imagine your design on an actual player. If that jersey existed and was being worn by someone, what would it look like? Your circle-logo thrashers jersey would at first remind people of the Packers' new throwback alternate, but ultimately, that circle would take up the entire chest of the player and just be freaking huge. It simply wouldn't work as a jersey design element. As for your white thrashers jersey, you have the side panels colored in on the back, but not the front. How would that look as a player skated by you? Would that kind of cutoff even be possible?

For the Ducks, as much as I hate eggplant, they could do so much worse. I don't like it, but that's just personal preference (i'm anti-reebok, and that design is very reebok). For what it is, it's good.

For the Thrashers, I actually like your original post better than your fix. As much as I hate "apron piping" on the front, and the lack of stripes on the bottom hemline of the jersey, I could see them wearing something like that, except for the third jersey. the logo is HUGE and the back numbers tiny. Plus, it's all very dark. From a distance, you'd never be able to tell which color is which. Watch the Lightning play in their black uniforms, you can't really see the blue on the sleeves. Same concept. Plus, it's the same design as the Panthers (or at least it used to be, we'll see if they change it this year), who are in their division, so idk if that would work well. Overall, I really could see it working though, with some tweaks (no butt logo, for starters!). I actually think your latest post is a downgrade.

Sorry for the long read, but I hope it will be helpful. Keep working at it, and get things fixed before you move on! You'll be happy you did in the end.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I want to barf on it still.

Please, stop posting.

Anyway, I still think the Ducks need some work. Why is some of the trim on the numbers on the alternate different? Also, the logos are better, but still a little pixelated.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I want to barf on it still.

Please, stop posting.

Anyway, I still think the Ducks need some work. Why is some of the trim on the numbers on the alternate different? Also, the logos are better, but still a little pixelated.

One post like this and you tell me to stop posting.. Right. How about no? Want me to say "These concepts could use a lot more work. Their ugly."?

One post like this and you tell me to stop posting..

Are you sure about that?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=79860&view=findpost&p=1529568

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78800&view=findpost&p=1495162

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=79692&view=findpost&p=1523063

What do those three posts have in common with your last one? They're all snotty putdowns of others' work with absolutely NO attempt at constructive criticism. If I looked harder, I'm sure I would have found more.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived