CCM Jersey Question

DustDevil61

I'm not 100% sure where to put this, but I feel as though this is the best place; but anyways, here goes:

I just got a Carolina Hurricanes red jersey off of Ebay this weekend. It's listed as a CCM. I'm not sure if it's a proper replica or knock-off. I'm fine with keeping it if it's a legitimate replica (I paid $20 to buy it and ship it), but I promised myself that I would never get a knock-off. Even though the listing said that this was "Authentic," I could see myself confusing what's authentic and what's replica. The crest and shoulder patches appear fine, being ironed on.

Here's the details of the uniform that raised questions for me:

--The shoulder yoke is rectangular, ending an inch or two below the shoulder patches and lining up with ; it doesn't have a curved ending. It also lines up with the seam of the sleeves. Is this something you'd see in a replica?

--The material is as stretchy as my other jerseys (Boston Bruins late 90s white, Utah Grizzlies early 2000s white, New Jersey Devils 80s Christmas, white). Isn't the material in CCM replicas supposed to be stiffer?

--The neck collar is flatter than usual; for example, the collars on the Bruins, Grizzlies, and Devils jerseys feel a little more "bubbly." Is this a result of use or not?

So, what would any of you say, based on jersey-buying experience?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

--The shoulder yoke is rectangular, ending an inch or two below the shoulder patches and lining up with ; it doesn't have a curved ending. It also lines up with the seam of the sleeves. Is this something you'd see in a replica?

If it has a (Phantom) shoulder yolk its not an official CCM jersey. The Yolk wasn't added until the NHL was forced to switch to the Reebok Edge Uniform System. Also the fact you only paid $20 raises some red flags... Perhaps you could post some pictures.

If it has a (Phantom) shoulder yolk its not an official CCM jersey. The Yolk wasn't added until the NHL was forced to switch to the Reebok Edge Uniform System. Also the fact you only paid $20 raises some red flags... Perhaps you could post some pictures.

Price may not be a dead give away, I have got some great deals on ebay lately on CCM jerseys BNWT.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I can think of two problems... 1) It should definitely have a rounded shoulder yoke. 2) If it is a red jersey, then it should be a "Koho", not "CCM".

not all pre edge's have the rounded shoulder yoke. i have a pre edge canucks jersey (koho) with a rectangular shaped yoke.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I can think of two problems... 1) It should definitely have a rounded shoulder yoke. 2) If it is a red jersey, then it should be a "Koho", not "CCM".

that's simply not true. the ccm/koho thing only lasted a few years. the hurricanes had these uniforms before that went into effect.

If it's a pre-Edge replica made after 2004, it'll likely be a CCM, no matter what color the jersey is. It was around the lockout that Koho seemed to have disappeared from the replica market.

The price of a pre-Edge replica may not be a giveaway to it's authenticity. Some people may just want to get rid of their stuff for dirt cheap. And I have come across jerseys even cheaper than that at thrift stores and flea markets, even at excellent quality.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

not all pre edge's have the rounded shoulder yoke. i have a pre edge canucks jersey (koho) with a rectangular shaped yoke.

I'm almost positive that the Hurricanes have always had the rounded shoulder Yoke.

that's simply not true. the ccm/koho thing only lasted a few years. the hurricanes had these uniforms before that went into effect.

After a little research, it seems that you are correct. My mistake.

If there is no phantom yolk I can tell you with 100% certainty your jersey is the real deal (Replica). Knockoffs didn't exist before the implementation of the Edge Uniform System. There is no such thing a knockoff CCM period.

If there is no phantom yolk I can tell you with 100% certainty your jersey is the real deal (Replica). Knockoffs didn't exist before the implementation of the Edge Uniform System. There is no such thing a knockoff CCM period.

Wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trevor-Linden-Vancouver-Canucks-Jersey-Size-XXL-54-/330563043180?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf717bf6c

Wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trevor-Linden-Vancouver-Canucks-Jersey-Size-XXL-54-/330563043180?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf717bf6c

What does this prove?

The picture is so small you can barely make out the company logo. Pre-Edge designs have been counterfeited, but they are usually applied to the edge format and nobody who knows anything about jerseys would have a hard time picking them out

Wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cf717bf6c

What does this prove?

The picture is so small you can barely make out the company logo. Pre-Edge designs have been counterfeited, but they are usually applied to the edge format and nobody who knows anything about jerseys would have a hard time picking them out

It proves there are knockoff CCM jerseys?

Here's another:

5bff519c.png

and another:

f0695800.png

Okay so there are CCM knockoffs now but its highly unlikely you'd find a Hurricanes Pre-Edge one. CCM 6100 fakes are usually vintage throwbacks like the two you posted.

Fakes were not problem before the age of Reebok so its highly unlikely the china manufacturers would bother to make the pre-edge version when the only real difference is the lack of a phantom yolk.

Archived