Chicago Ghosts

OchentaYOcho88

Reading only the title, I was half expecting to see a big blank rectangle :P

But in all seriousness, I REALLY REALLY like the graphite and light blue "CG" logo. I think that's a great color combinition and if executed properly you could come out with a great concept. Your idea for a primary is very good, but I think the face is off just a little bit, the lines seem too thin. Taking a shot in the dark here, but is this the photo you referenced?

gallopingghost-cover.jpg

The face to me just looks like a generic face, not so much like Grange's. I think davidson or someone out there has a tutorial on rendering faces, if you haven't yet, you may want to take a look at that.

I actually knew right away it was Grange's face. Love how you rendered it.

Not really sold on any of the word marks. Copperplate is an interesting type choice. Maybe you should try something a little more classic sports font?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I'm not intending to hijack this thread but seeing this reminded me of when you posted in the requests forum. I had started working on a design and then I got sidetracked. I tweaked a few of the original ideas I had started with and figured I would post these here. As you can see, I tried several different color combinations. I figured a "retro" feel was a good way to go for this. These are in no way perfect but I thought you may like to see them anyway.

chighosts.png

I'm not intending to hijack this thread but seeing this reminded me of when you posted in the requests forum. I had started working on a design and then I got sidetracked. I tweaked a few of the original ideas I had started with and figured I would post these here. As you can see, I tried several different color combinations. I figured a "retro" feel was a good way to go for this. These are in no way perfect but I thought you may like to see them anyway.

chighosts.png

Wow. Amazing work, I personally like the one on the bottom right with the Purdue-like color scheme.

I'm not sure you got the nose quite right though.....

red+grange.jpg

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Well from a fan's standpoint, I have a problem with a Purdue color scheme with Illinois' All-Time Greatest Athlete... A REALLY BIG problem. (and I know how ya'll hate hating something from that standpoint, but seriously please don't)

I like upper right, or bottom left. I think those are the best.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

You have blown me away, I don't think I could ever do something that amazing in my wildest dreams! Would it be okay if I were to use this logo for my team? (I know you were making it in response to my request but I want to be absolutly sure.)

BEAUTIFUL!

If you do allow me to use one I'm going to use the orange and blue one, I think I'm in love!

You are certainly welcome to use it. I thought the blue and orange worked best considering the college and pro team connection. I just did the other color combos trying to make the design look "old". I never actually considered the Purdue color scheme with the one. That would definitely be a no-no.I'm glad you like it and if you need anything else just let me know.

You are certainly welcome to use it. I thought the blue and orange worked best considering the college and pro team connection. I just did the other color combos trying to make the design look "old". I never actually considered the Purdue color scheme with the one. That would definitely be a no-no.I'm glad you like it and if you need anything else just let me know.

You have done more than enough man, I can't put into words how much I adore the logo and how great it looks man. Thank you so much!

• 1 year later...

I would prefer a C more like this if not similiar. The current one looks too much like a horse shoe....now that I type that, I realize why it does LOL

but I still prefer a different C

cccccj.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GhostsC.png

would someone be able to seperate the color between the helmet and the horse shoe so i can use my amateur skills to color it myself ?

In other words, make the helmet and horseshoe different colors

I would prefer a C more like this if not similiar. The current one looks too much like a horse shoe....now that I type that, I realize why it does LOL

cccccj.png

GhostsC.png

would someone be able to seperate the color between the helmet and the horse shoe so i can use my amateur skills to color it myself ?

That's not how this website works. I really don't appreciate you asking for my work (as bad as it is) to be edited without my permission. I'm also not happy with you wanting to use my work without my permission... I'm not a professional and I don't have the talent of most of the guys here but I still don't like this. All you had to do was message me and I could of sent you the vector for that particular logo for you to change. Now, you're S.O.L.

chighosts.png

would you mind at all seperating these so I could use them on team builder? when i try to copy to my photobucket, I get all 4 instead of just one :cry:

cccccj.png

GhostsC.png

That's not how this website works. I really don't appreciate you asking for my work (as bad as it is) to be edited without my permission. I'm also not happy with you wanting to use my work without my permission... I'm not a professional and I don't have the talent of most of the guys here but I still don't like this. All you had to do was message me and I could of sent you the vector for that particular logo for you to change. Now, you're S.O.L.

dude ,I meant no harm. Its really nothing to get touchy about. You are over thinking it. I am complimenting you and you get offended by that ?

Again, no harm was meant. This is about nothing more than logo and uniform fun. Nothing to get upset about. No money is being made off of your fun.

have a nice day dude. take a compliment once in a while :grin:

chighosts.png

#1 is my favorite, followed by #4.

I don't like using the Bears or Browns colors and the sepia look just fits the image so well.

87Redskins.png

chighosts.png

#1 is my favorite, followed by #4.

I don't like using the Bears or Browns colors and the sepia look just fits the image so well.

I agree - to me, the logo looks its best when it looks old (after all, they are the ghosts); making it look new like #2 & #3 ruins the effect imo. The face of the player reflects to a previous age of football, not a modern one with flashly colors. #1 is best followed by #4 to me.

tyrrodtaylor.pngryanwilliams.png

tyrodtaylor.png

Archived