Personal Logo

oaklandhusker

Preferences  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 is better, but I don't like that one much either. This could use alot of work... Its pretty difficult to see the J for both.

What would you suggest I do to fix it? Before I computerized it, I had a design like this one--

option2.png

-- that had the J's top bar extend outside the circle on the right. Would that help? Do the other letters look okay? And the colors?

Sorry if I sound anxious, but once I get it right, I'm thinking of using it in my everyday life so it has to be good.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I'd start by using actual letterforms.

You want to use this in your everyday life? Nothing about this says "professional" at all. If you're a graphic designer, you need to learn some fundamentals first...these letters looks badly drawn, pixellated, and just ugly at best.

You should check out designers like Saul Bass, Paul Rand and William Golden, books on identity, and sites like logolounge and look for very basic identities built upon initials.

Only by studying logos and design theory will you get an understanding of how to create an icon that is unique and legible at the same time.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, it's pretty sloppy and unprofessional looking. Not trying to threadjack, but I'm hoping to help you with this.

Here's an idea I had, whipped up a rough version in a couple minutes.

5819106299_5995737123_m.jpg

You get the J, the P, and the D, in a small compact shape.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

in your coin images with initials - i think the d looks a little to prominent in the middle and the j is a little hard to make out as a j.

i have next to no experience or skill with drawing in paint (or any other program) but here's my quick idea putting the j as the largest initial in the middle (couldn't think offhand of a j fitting in the coin shape on the left and still looking somewhat like a j).

my image also may be 'sloppy and unprofessional' but i think at this stage you are just looking for ideas before you refining your "initial coin" more.

2312181300102258651S200x200Q85.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Yeah, it's pretty sloppy and unprofessional looking. Not trying to threadjack, but I'm hoping to help you with this.

I actually really like that. I've been trying to figure out a way to do just that^. Do you mind if I use that?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I actually really like that. I've been trying to figure out a way to do just that^. Do you mind if I use that?

I would prefer you didnt. it looks a lot like my graphic design logo:

DPDlogo.jpg

I know CAB didn't copy it, but still I would rather you use something less similar to mine.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I don't know if its taboo to post private messages in public, but I feel like this needs to be addressed:

goforbroke,

oaklandhusker has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "my personal logo".

oaklandhusker said:

======================================================================

If you don't want me to use the personal logo that CAB drew up using my initials, I'll make a deal with you. I won't use the logo-- provided that you draw something up for me to replace it. Preferably something circular. Sound good? My initials are JDP

Dude, that's not cool. I'm not making you another logo, just don't use the one thats so similar to mine. I've posted it on these boards within the past few months.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78445&st=0&p=1478265&hl=+dpd%20+graphix&fromsearch=1entry1478265

Again, CAB, i'm sure you never saw mine before, so i'm not saying anything negative about you its just a coincidence, but oaklandhusker you really should not use that.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I don't know if its taboo to post private messages in public, but I feel like this needs to be addressed:

goforbroke,

oaklandhusker has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "my personal logo".

oaklandhusker said:

If you don't want me to use the personal logo that CAB drew up using my initials, I'll make a deal with you. I won't use the logo-- provided that you draw something up for me to replace it. Preferably something circular. Sound good? My initials are JDP

Dude, that's not cool. I'm not making you another logo, just don't use the one thats so similar to mine. I've posted it on these boards within the past few months.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78445&st=0&p=1478265&hl=+dpd%20+graphix&fromsearch=1entry1478265

Again, CAB, i'm sure you never saw mine before, so i'm not saying anything negative about you its just a coincidence, but oaklandhusker you really should not use that.

That's a pretty assinine request/deal offer/threat by oaklandhusker. I know it was only meant to be seen by you, but Im sorry, that's not cool.

OakHusk, I'm confused where this is even coming from. What do you need a personal logo for anyways? What is your intent for the logo? Obviously you have every right to have a personal logo, whether it be just for fun or whatver, but if it is in hopes of using it to market your graphic design skills, then how do you expect to design logos for others when you cant even design your own? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just saying, whatever happened to having pride in your own work and a job well done?

Has the point of this whole website gone from sharing ideas and improving our own personal design skills to a place where we can demand others to make us designs or else...?

goforbroke,

oaklandhusker said:

http://boards.sports...1

That's a pretty assinine request/deal offer/threat by oaklandhusker. I know it was only meant to be seen by you, but Im sorry, that's not cool.

OakHusk, I'm confused where this is even coming from. What do you need a personal logo for anyways? What is your intent for the logo? Obviously you have every right to have a personal logo, whether it be just for fun or whatver, but if it is in hopes of using it to market your graphic design skills, then how do you expect to design logos for others when you cant even design your own? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just saying, whatever happened to having pride in your own work and a job well done?

Has the point of this whole website gone from sharing ideas and improving our own personal design skills to a place where we can demand others to make us designs or else...?

Calm down, all of you. Really. I'm not planning on using this for graphic design work or anything. It was something to put on papers I handed in, just my own sort of seal, that it was mine, that I had done the work on the assignment, things like that.

CAB made me a nice sketch, and I wanted to expound on that. When goforbroke came in here and said that he didn't want me to use it, I said to myself, "Okay, but now what am I going to do?" Since I wasn't even planning on using it for marketing purposes, it seemed and still seems logical that if someone doesn't want me to use a logo because it looks vaguely similar to theirs, even though the would be used in two very different capacity, that the same person could help me with creating a new mark that is more to their satisfaction. I'm sorry if my wording in my message to goforbroke did not convey that, but that is what I meant by what I said. Thank you.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

It's not the job of the artist who asks you to use a logo that is his (and really, the logo CAB made is gofobroke's logo, even if he didn't intentionally rip it off) to draw you a new one.

Fact of the matter is no matter what your use your logo is going to get, if it's asked that it not be used because it is the same intellectual property as theirs, you need to come up with an original design.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's not the job of the artist who asks you to use a logo that is his (and really, the logo CAB made is gofobroke's logo, even if he didn't intentionally rip it off) to draw you a new one.

Fact of the matter is no matter what your use your logo is going to get, if it's asked that it not be used because it is the same intellectual property as theirs, you need to come up with an original design.

They're not the same, they simply look somewhat similar. If you look, goforbroke's logo has the two d's connecting, and a square in the middle. CAB's logo does not attach the J and the D/P, and as it is, I had planned on adding additional breaks to the lines. As such, it is not his intellectual property, so I don't NEED to not use it.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I was really just trying to give you an idea you could go of off. You could try a different style of lettering, and maybe get a similar shape while still being different from goforbroke's. I'm pretty sure you all know I did not rip off that logo, I've never seen it before. Just similar ideas. I'll echo what JQK said; if goforbroke asked you politely not to use it (which he did), then it's best that you don't.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I was really just trying to give you an idea you could go of off. You could try a different style of lettering, and maybe get a similar shape while still being different from goforbroke's. I'm pretty sure you all know I did not rip off that logo, I've never seen it before. Just similar ideas. I'll echo what JQK said; if goforbroke asked you politely not to use it (which he did), then it's best that you don't.

Okay. In order to not be entirely ostracized by the CCSLC, I will give in. goforbroke, after I saw CAB's sketch, I put together a sketch with more breaks in the line. Would that be acceptable? Trust me, after it's been on the board, you will never see it again. Unless, perhaps, you go to my school...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Oaklandhusker, I really think you should refrain from using that logo, or the one created by CAB. The logos are too similar looking to goforbroke's. I've seen this thread and thought that I could try to help you out buy giving you an idea that is maybe closer to what you're looking for. Now, this logo is very much a draft, I'm just posting it to give you an idea. If you would like to expand on this logo, but feel as though you can't, I suppose I can get you out of this ditch and help out.

Here's the logo with four random color schemes that I picked. You can sorta get the idea of the "JDP" thing, it's not perfect by any means but it's there as an idea.

JDP1.pngJDP2.png

JDP3.pngJDP4.png

Like I said, you're more than welcome to take this logo as an idea or fix it up to your own liking. However, if you'd like, I can finish the logo for you. If that's the case, some C&C is appreciated so that I can improve the logo.

Archived