New Jersey Devils

nash61

I wanted to take the Devils in a completely different direction. The chest logo is from the Devils' team store, the Devils Den On the shoulders is the Devil's face. The interlocking "NJ" logo is nowhere to be seen.

NJDfull.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That Devils Den logo has always been cool. Too bad it never really made it out of the team store.

Reallly nice concept... the white D really pops on the black sweater. The only thing i would say is the execution could be a little cleaner. theres some jagged lines, the shoulder logos need to be cropped better, little things like that. if you cleaned it up a bit, then maybe showed the back of the jersey and even some hockey pants/socks/helmet it would be awesome!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I wanted to take the Devils in a completely different direction. The chest logo is from the Devils' team store, the Devils Den On the shoulders is the Devil's face. The interlocking "NJ" logo is nowhere to be seen.

It was also the primary logo for the Devils' AHL team in Lowell from 2006-2010 when the team moved to Albany.

The Script on the Devils team store is pretty cool, and I've never seen it before:

devilsden530.jpg

2043050vl19qK6.gif

It was also the primary logo for the Devils' AHL team in Lowell from 2006-2010 when the team moved to Albany.

The Script on the Devils team store is pretty cool, and I've never seen it before:

devilsden530.jpg

That was an L, though, not a D

ahirrrmh7gl1nfxdt0t98ofzo.gif

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So that's what happened with the extra stock of blank Buffalo Goats jerseys.

It is what it is - a minor league logo. A picture of a mascot that kids think looks cool. That doesn't diminish the artistic talent of the designer, because, as stated, for what it is, it's great. However, you're trying to use it for something it's not designed for, and it doesn't work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's with a back.

NJDFrontBack.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

First of all, the lack of an outline makes the concept look like a Patsox-esque sloppy mess. Aside from that, this looks too similar to the Sabres' goat-era sweaters. I like that you set out to do something different with the Devils, but the result is "copycat modern" instead of "copycat traditional". I definitely recommend creating a more original template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Sorry about the lack of outline. It's from erasing the background.

NJDFrontBackcopy.png

As for the "goat jerseys", that is what I originally used for my template, but I made quite a few changes to it.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just a quick reminder, the numbers you have on the right arm front and back would read 00. The back arm should still be a 3. Otherwise I see no issues with it. love that D logo though I think that having the devil head on the shoulders is overkill. Nice work though

Manchester-City-icon.png

Just a quick reminder, the numbers you have on the right arm front and back would read 00. The back arm should still be a 3.

Man, I can't believe I messed that up. It's fixed now, but I'll wait a bit before posting it so I'm not going overkill with the images.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived