NHL Classic 2012

dlab54

I dont think there needs to be a Canadian team in the Winter Classic, Americans should have that to themselves, while the Canadian teams have the Heritage Classic. Anyway, the crests really bug me. If I were watching the game, I'd be trying to figure out what the crest says the whole time.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This has all of the gimmicks this board has most complained about: vintage white, circular crests, words-around-logos crests, fauxbacks, and since your gold stripe on the back of the Bruins' shoulders stops above the flag, we'll throw in the Reebox too.

It's recolors for recolors' sake. Why the Bruins again? Why use the same jerseys with the same colors again, AND put a circle around a circular logo? The Canadiens had 4 throwbacks for their 100th anniversary, yet you use none of them OR any other jersey they've ever had, and then you put their logo in a circle, and even then, Club de Hockey Canada? When the Maroons were still in the league, newspapers referred to the Canadiens only as "Les Canadiens", changing the name makes zero sense.

Not to mention the AHL logo in the neck and the lack of an NHL logo on the collar of the Canadiens jersey, and completely reusing the last Winter Classic's logo.

There's a lot of work to be done here, but don't get disheartened. Your presentation is good, you just have to think outside the box a little.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm not feeling it for the OP--now if you did that with a couple of teams that weren't original Six and did it as the Fauxbacks, it may work.

But with smaller logos on the jerseys.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived