Everything DMV

WizKid

Wow this is my 1st post. Living in the DC metro area I realize that our sports culure changes like the coaching staff. So first is the Capitals.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

In before all the pompous backseat mods say

MODS, SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN

Now to the actual thread

%7Boption%7D

Please just go away. As for the concept give the guy a little more then a minute to actually post one before you jump down his throat.

3535rx3.jpg

sorry everybody, I have the concept done but I dont know how to upload my image from my computer. Can anybody please walk me thru this? sorry again.

sorry everybody, I have the concept done but I dont know how to upload my image from my computer. Can anybody please walk me thru this? sorry again.

Go to a site like Photobucket (you'll need an account, but it's completely free) and upload it there. Once that's done, find the url of the image and post it inside two img tags, like this:

[*img]your url[/*img]

Just remove the asterisks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ok so as you can see I used the current Reebok Edge template and I wanted to incorporate the weagle logo on a navy version of our unis. C+C please

Ok so as you can see I used the current Reebok Edge template and I wanted to incorporate the weagle logo on a navy version of our unis. C+C please

I understand this is your first concept and all, but you have to show some more creativity than that. No offense but most of us have seen this a 100 times. Just thought I'd throw that out there. For the actual concept, I'm not a fan of the generic font you used, it's a big downgrade from what they currently have. I'm not sure whats up with the red panels on the back of the arms either. The white hem stripe doesn't wrap all the way around either (not sure if it's intentional). I actually like the Weagle recolour, but it needs SOME blue in there to make it work.

I'm going to give you my honest opinion. The crest that you used works perfectly because it 'blends'(for lack of a better term. Remember the 1992-2001 Pittsburgh Penguins home uniform? The white jersey seems to go into the crest which makes it a perfect crest logo) into the uniform. The Rbk Edge striping you used really works for this. So yes, I'm a fan.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Not crazy at all about the recoloured Weagle. You could use it as it is normally (blue body, white head, red wings) on a blue jersey if you just put a white outline around it, possibly extending it across the bottom to keep the silhouette of the Capitol building in there.

Also, if you're using the same template as the regular home and roads, why use a different number and name font? I think what they usually use is better than what you have here, plus they've spent time and money establishing it as part of the Capitals' brand, so I can't see them ditching it for something so generic.

I understand this is your first concept and all, but you have to show some more creativity than that. No offense but most of us have seen this a 100 times. Just thought I'd throw that out there. For the actual concept, I'm not a fan of the generic font you used, it's a big downgrade from what they currently have. I'm not sure whats up with the red panels on the back of the arms either. The white hem stripe doesn't wrap all the way around either (not sure if it's intentional). I actually like the Weagle recolour, but it needs SOME blue in there to make it work.

ite.I'll work on the edit for yall but,i just need to post this Nats set rite quick. sorry but Im using MS Paint. natsbasebconceptpack1.jpg

ite.I'll work on the edit for yall but,i just need to post this Nats set rite quick. sorry but Im using MS Paint. natsbasebconceptpack1.jpg

Sorry that the set looks messy but switching to a new template next time. I don't know Brice Harper's jersey number is and im not sure if I got Strasburg's jersey number right.

sorry but Im using MS Paint.

It's a poor tradesman who blames his tools. There are plenty of good concepts that have been created around using MS Paint. You just need to take some time and some care.

That aside, really not feeling the Nationals set. Again, in the name and number fonts, you've stripped away a unique part of the identity and replaced it with something extremely generic. There's no good excuse for using Impact. There are so many good, free fonts out there that only take seconds to download and look much more professional. Don't be content with what come installed on your computer.

Another area to watch out for ? and I should have mentioned this with the Capitals concept too ? is to not stretch or skew the logos when you put them on the uniform. I can see the W on the red alt (and the Nationals scripts to a lesser extent) is out of proportion and has been squished horizontally. If you need to resize something, make sure the proportions stay true to the original.

On the vest alt, there's not enough contrast between the shades of red and blue. Where they butt up against each other, add a white outline to separate them a little more.

:lonely::(:mellow: EDIT 1: CAPS3.png

EDIT 2: CAPS4.png

Ummm not sure which is better. I tried to do a little more numbers wise and i used a font I thought was similar to the MCI Center era Caps. Hope this is better, tried my best. You be the judge.

Archived